Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 yr olds who attend nursery and the EYFS

Have been trawling all the guidance but am a bit 'Ofstedded out' now!
    Have got a 3yr old and 4yr old siblings who I only have for an hour and a half after they have been to reception and nursery class all day.
    I have managed to clarify that if I come off the EY register I can still care for them as less than two hours a day, but mum can't claim for tc's etc. and it costs me more for my registration fee.
    If I stay on the EY register it's cheaper for me and I don't have to provide the learning and development requirements for the 4 yr old as only providing out of school care. Would I have to do learning and development for the 3yr old as he would only be with me for an hour and a half, two days a week?

And does anyone know why it costs so much more not to be on the EY register? I would have thought it would be cheaper as less to inspect.....but that's just me

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The EY/EYFS register fee is an annomily from way back- maybe they will sort it out when the rates are revised (will be under consultation soon).

Yes, you will need to do some learning and dev EYFS for the 3 year old- work with the nursery- ask for copies of their reviews/next steps/trackers etc. You can do a simple scrap book, the 3yr old can do it themselves 'What I do at my childminder's...' kind of thing- a few photos, drawings etc, just to show you are thinking about what she is doing, note the odd ages/stage to show you are aware if she is 'on track' in her learning and dev. No one would expect much for such a short time with you, but you can not 'do nothing'.

3. Likes ChocolateChip liked this post
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks moggy, that was what I thought but good to hear someone else say it
    Was planning to come off the ey register as just want to do schoolies but due to the cost implications I think I wil stay on it and just keep a little record for this one child.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateChip View Post
    Have been trawling all the guidance but am a bit 'Ofstedded out' now!
    Have got a 3yr old and 4yr old siblings who I only have for an hour and a half after they have been to reception and nursery class all day.
    I have managed to clarify that if I come off the EY register I can still care for them as less than two hours a day, but mum can't claim for tc's etc. and it costs me more for my registration fee.
    If I stay on the EY register it's cheaper for me and I don't have to provide the learning and development requirements for the 4 yr old as only providing out of school care. Would I have to do learning and development for the 3yr old as he would only be with me for an hour and a half, two days a week?

And does anyone know why it costs so much more not to be on the EY register? I would have thought it would be cheaper as less to inspect.....but that's just me
    Because all Ofsted fees have been regularly reviewed with the exception for cms....who were given a special rate that never went up gradually like everybody else in the sector....so we are stuck at £35

What comes next will be up to the DfE but they are reviewing all fees according to the minister' s announcement made recently...I have posted it in the forum so everyone is aware