Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Today was the day

Today my inspector arrived just after 9.30am, glad she didn't keep me waiting all week. She stayed for nearly 4 hrs but I have kept my current grade which I am happy with.
    Once she was settled inside I gave her all my folders and paperwork, I use an online learning journey system which I offered to set up when she was ready. We had a quick tour around the setting, she checked that I had my Ofsted certificate on display, then while she looked through the paperwork I carried on playing with the only child who was there, she spoke to the parents of the other 2 children who arrived. While she was asking general questions about numbers of children on roll, ages and who were funded etc I set up a planned activity as this is a favourite with the children and I could talk to her at the same time. We moved on to snack which today was crackers and cheese so a good example of independence buttering own crackers.We spent quite a bit of time out in the garden, the children were all happily engaged in free play. Before lunch we did some singing. used musical instruments and had a story then while the children had lunch I was asked about British values and prevent. She then went through the learning journeys talking about starting points and next steps etc. one little one talked her through her learning journey, telling her about all the things we do. She asked me to evaluate the planned activity and the singing as well as to explain what learning the children got from the activity. We talked about my own professional development which she was very impressed with. Asked some very general safeguarding questions. We talked about my SEF and she said it was accurate and matched what she saw in practice. I hadn't updated it yet to the new one but I do update it regularly.
    I think the only recommendation links to improving links with other settings as I have 2 that go to other places, both have recently just started second settings so this is something I am working on anyway. one setting is really good we have a communication book the other is not so positive, I did say there is only so much I can do from my side but if the others aren't wiling, she said as long as I have evidence to say I am trying and that I keep trying. Hope that makes sense to everyone my head is spinning with all the info.
    Last edited by Pixie dust; 03-11-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    Pixie Dust

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, Pixiedust!

I bet you're glad that's over - hopefully for a few years, now.

Wishing you a lovely evening. I hope the report reads well when you get it - it sounds like you did a good job.

All the best,

LK

3. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! You must be thrilled. Brilliant feedback. Thank you. x

5. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Pixiedust

That sounds really good

Bet you're glad that's over for another few years
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

7. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done. Sounds like a good day.

Xxx

9. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fab news. Well done and thank for sharing.

11. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and thanks for the prompt feedback - with regard to communication with other settings - I also use an on-line learning journal and have e-mailed a password to the Nursery, one Nursery uses the same system and so I also have a password to that child's LJ - it is great for partnership working as I can show an Ofsted inspector when or if the other setting (and parents) have logged in to view the on-line journal. If the other setting chooses not to log on that's a brownie point against them not me!

You can take a deep breathe in and out and think "that's me for another 4 years"

13. Likes lollipop kid, Pixie dust liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Congratulations and thanks for the prompt feedback - with regard to communication with other settings - I also use an on-line learning journal and have e-mailed a password to the Nursery, one Nursery uses the same system and so I also have a password to that child's LJ - it is great for partnership working as I can show an Ofsted inspector when or if the other setting (and parents) have logged in to view the on-line journal. If the other setting chooses not to log on that's a brownie point against them not me!

You can take a deep breathe in and out and think "that's me for another 4 years"
    Just out of interest, HH - what's the online system? (I'm hoping it's T*pes**y like myself - not sure I'm allowed to use the name? I don't currently have any children who attend my local Nursery and my setting, but I was going to chat with them to see if they happen to be using it as well.)

To avoid 'advertising the online system further', you could always PM me your answer if you've got the time/don't mind.

LK
    Last edited by lollipop kid; 03-11-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what happened with a lo that has now moved on to school as nursery used the same system as myself. I am now working with 2 different settings one has not responded to anything. I did a transition form with current next steps etc which is frustrating when they don't respond.
    Pixie Dust

16. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great feedback, thankyou.
    Well done too!

18. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

20. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    Just out of interest, HH - what's the online system? (I'm hoping it's T*pes**y like myself - not sure I'm allowed to use the name? I don't currently have any children who attend my local Nursery and my setting, but I was going to chat with them to see if they happen to be using it as well.)

To avoid 'advertising the online system further', you could always PM me your answer if you've got the time/don't mind.

LK
    Yes it is the same as you - when I had a child at a Nursery who didn't use it, they actually replied to observations and added a couple of their own. I now have a child who has been with me for over 3 years and he started at Nursery in Sept and they use same on-line system, we have swapped passwords so we can access each other's journals (can only see the same as parents - not reports or next steps) but they haven't commented on any of my observations yet - they put one on last week about child struggling to use a mouse on computer and I wrote a comment saying that I must admit that children don't spend much time on the computer and that I would plan some computer time into his day with me.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done. Keeping your grade is hard at the moment so be very proud of yourself

23. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes it is the same as you - when I had a child at a Nursery who didn't use it, they actually replied to observations and added a couple of their own. I now have a child who has been with me for over 3 years and he started at Nursery in Sept and they use same on-line system, we have swapped passwords so we can access each other's journals (can only see the same as parents - not reports or next steps) but they haven't commented on any of my observations yet - they put one on last week about child struggling to use a mouse on computer and I wrote a comment saying that I must admit that children don't spend much time on the computer and that I would plan some computer time into his day with me.
    The children hardly use a mouse (mice?!) at our school /nursery - its all touch screen or they use the finger thing! None of mine can use a mouse but are much better than me at the finger thing!

25. Likes BallyH liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    The children hardly use a mouse (mice?!) at our school /nursery - its all touch screen or they use the finger thing! None of mine can use a mouse but are much better than me at the finger thing!
    That's really why I don't do much computer practise with them as often they play on parents i-pads and smart phones at home and using a mouse is obsolete. But I'm about 10 years behind the times, still use a computer with a keyboard and mouse, a camera for taking photos and have a trusty Nokia brick for texting, I still mostly use my house phone for phone calls. I'm a bit of a dinosaur!

27. Likes Kiddleywinks, catswhiskers liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done on your grading, it's an achievement in itself maintaining a good with all the changes expected

29. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

31. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you did a fantastic job.... Well Done

33. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Simona Guest

Well done Pixiedust!!!

In reference to sharing and working with other providers I personally feel this will become the hot topic soon as the DfE itself is pushing this issue at every opportunity at the moment....it is not just about sharing LJs but much more.

it is linked to the 30 hours too...so in future settings will have no choice but to work with each other...and cms will be well prepared for this!

35. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent.

Well done, PixieDust.

37. Likes Pixie dust liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast