Burglary
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Burglary

Post Thanks / Like

Default Burglary

Hi,

We had a burglary at my home on Friday morning, I was out at the park with the kids and came back an hour later and they'd taken everything. Ipad, computer, my engagement and wedding rings, our hard drive with every photo me and hubby have ever taken including those precious ones of our daughter.

My mindee got pucked up right away so o could deal with the police etc, however do I need to inform ofsted that I was broken in to? I don't think I do, just don't want to get in trouble if I do and haven't realised.

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no, Amy, how horrible for you! Sending hugs for you.

Not sure about Ofsted but as you've had the police out (we're they helpful?) I would send Ofsted an email to ask them if they need to know. Keep a copy for your files and then you're covered.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Hugs for you, how awful to come back to that.

Yes you need to tell ofsted of any dealings with the police except speeding tickets.
    Was any personal details/photographs of mindees on the items that were stolen? If you are registered with ico you will need to inform them too.

4. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ladies.

Yes, invoices, accounts, photos were all on computer and backed up on hard drive which were both taken.

I will call ICO and email Ofsted today just to make them aware. Just in a little daze with everything, really put off ny stride as it were! Little mindee and my little one giving me plenty of reason to laugh though

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, Amy, that is awful. I'm so sorry. xxx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's so shocking, being burgled in the day time - sending you and your family a huge hug.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh goodness, how dreadful.

thinking of you all xxx

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Amy I really feel for you, I too was burgled during the daytime and found it very upsetting. I had just popped out to take a mindee to an afternoon pre school session at midday, and as I approched the drive the guy ran out of the side exit and was gone. Thankfully nothing was taken except a phone ( he was after small items as he was on foot) and he left in a hurry on being disturbed. Police were brilliant, kids went home as they had to dust everywhere for prints and they also brought in some dogs to get a track trace. They reckoned that the house had been watched over a space of time so as to learn my routine ( I had also been told the very same thing a few years earlier when I took the children to the park and two men tried to break in but were spotted by a passer-by who shouted at them). This,to me, was the scariest bit as I am surrounded by fields and woodland and to think that I could be being watched still freakes me out to this day. The guy was caught and did 'time' ( 4yrs) and the phone was returned, so justice was done. We now have a very good alarm system in place! Sending you loads of hugs xx

10. Likes hectors house, Ripeberry liked this post