Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inspection

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your nice comments, it really was an enjoyable inspection, she offered advice as to what they would expect for outstanding and I totally agree with her that I was not doing things that good but she also understood as I only had one child it was a bit more difficult to show some things, she sat outside with us, she played with my mindee and gave me some constructive help with his development problems.
    I think it helped that although she hadn't been a Childminder she has worked in early years for a long time, in schools, pre-schools, nurseries and as a consultantancy capacity so she did actually know what she was talking about. It probably helped as well that she had only been an inspector for just over a year and so as she said, benefited from the new training regime.
    Teacake2

2. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teacake2 View Post
    Thank you all for your nice comments, it really was an enjoyable inspection, she offered advice as to what they would expect for outstanding and I totally agree with her that I was not doing things that good but she also understood as I only had one child it was a bit more difficult to show some things, she sat outside with us, she played with my mindee and gave me some constructive help with his development problems. I think it helped that although she hadn't been a Childminder she has worked in early years for a long time, in schools, pre-schools, nurseries and as a consultantancy capacity so she did actually know what she was talking about. It probably helped as well that she had only been an inspector for just over a year and so as she said, benefited from the new training regime. Teacake2
    What were the things she said she'd expect to see in order to grade you outstanding teacake?

Im just wondering if it's consistent with what we're led to believe :-)

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teacake2 View Post
    Had my inspection this morning and believe it or not it was an enjoyable experience for once, and as this would be my last inspection before I finish I suppose I was a lot more relaxed than before and not really bothered too much. After reading previous inspection reports by the inspector I was expecting it to be a grilling but she was actually very nice. She liked the fact that my paper work had references to the changes that were coming in soon and that I had done an updated SEF albeit a hard copy. She spent time outside playing in the sand with us and asked my little one lots of questions. She checked the bathroom to make sure there was nothing dangerous to him as he takes himself to the toilet now. I retained my GOOD grading that I am more than happy with (especially as she had downgraded an OUTSTANDING minder recently to requires improvement. The only recommendations she made were to get him to take part and understand rhyming, I told her I need him to understand talk in general first (he has problems with this), and too make sure he has more opportunities at craft experiences, again I told her that he is very fussy what he will or won't touch and she agreed that I know these things are problems to him and that I am working with parents, and pre-school to work on this. Anyone having an inspection soon make sure that you know your children inside out and that you are aware of all the changes that are taking place. If I think of any more I will post some more. Inspection lasted 3.25 hrs. Teacake2
    Well done tea cake- hope you relaxed in style! Such a great feeling once it's all done

5. Likes nanny McFi liked this post
    Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Teacake. Nice to hear you had a positive experience x

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done I'm pleased it was a pleasant experience. I have just had the call so any feed back will be greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12