Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted Childcare Factsheets

Hello

Can I just double check please that we can no longer use these factsheets at all but have to refer to the EYFS at all?

I have always kept copies alongside certain policies and I wanted to check that they are now completely obsolete before binning them!

It kind of seems wrong somehow

jo xxx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, some of those on this Forum had this confirmed with Ofsted. If they are no longer available on Ofsted website then they are obsolete. There was no plan to replace them either.

3. Likes joannetalbot liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've kept copies of come of them, just in case!

I think the "ages and numbers of children" one is particularly important. When it was still valid I used it as part of my evidence for going over my numbers of EYs children. I know it would be no good as evidence for exceptions I do now, but if I ever need proof for ones I did a while ago, then I have it on file.

5. Likes hectors house, sarah707, joannetalbot liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ofsted tell us that they are the regulator - they are not there to advise us ... that's why they have removed the documents from the website.

However, as Mouse says, they are full of good practice ideas and information

7. Likes joannetalbot, rickysmiths liked this post
    Oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all!

I do feel happier keeping them and it's good to know that others do too!!!

xxx

Simona Guest

I contacted the DfE back in March to clarify the matter of CMs and their ratio.

The DfE looked into why the Ofsted factsheet about the number of children CMs can look after was withdrawn...this is what they replied and I quote their words:

With regards to Ofsted’s withdrawal of Factsheet no. 120117, our understanding is that this was removed from their website as part of the Better Regulation Enforcement review. Therefore you might want to contact Ofsted directly for further clarification.

I also contacted Ofsted Enforcement Officer...someone many of us have come across at conferences and training...and she too said to go by the EYFS...the onus is on Cms to decide whatever the reason for increasing their numbers...in particular Cms must address the care of 'all children' in such circumstances.