Six years and counting = petrified!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Six years and counting = petrified!!!

So it's six years since my last Ofsted inspection and have heard from local minders that they are in the area inspecting minders that are of a similar timescale to me! It has left me absolutely petrified!!!!! All of a sudden I am feeling rusty in my job as if I don't know enough and will screw up my next inspection . I am currently outstanding but am convinced I cannot achieve this grade again!

2. Likes loocyloo, Ripeberry liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    So it's six years since my last Ofsted inspection and have heard from local minders that they are in the area inspecting minders that are of a similar timescale to me! It has left me absolutely petrified!!!!! All of a sudden I am feeling rusty in my job as if I don't know enough and will screw up my next inspection . I am currently outstanding but am convinced I cannot achieve this grade again!
    don't want to 'like' but I totally get how you are feeling! I'm at 6 yrs and 4 mths and have just heard that a minder localish to me was inspected and she was at about 5 1/2 yrs! there are a couple of us around the 6 yr mark and we're both getting nervous!

deep breathes and smile! xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You'll be fine! Just remember to breathe and show off!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm coming up to 5 years. Local school is due an inspection any day. They will surely come and see me. I'm only half a mile away!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    I'm coming up to 5 years. Local school is due an inspection any day. They will surely come and see me. I'm only half a mile away!
    Our school was done just before Christmas ... I even spoke to inspectors and mentioned I was a childminder ... still nothing!

7. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just passed the 6 year mark. 4 very local childminders were inspected last week, so I MUST be soon.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspection was at 5 1/2 years another minder had hers just after me in 2009 and has been waiting for the call - she has just had a letter saying that they have been trying to contact her since Dec - so that explains why other childminders in the town have had theirs before hers - they must have been in and answered their phones!

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Our school was done just before Christmas ... I even spoke to inspectors and mentioned I was a childminder ... still nothing!
    My DO said that they are doing all our schools, preschools and childminders in our area! But I think the school inspectors are not the same ones as childminding inspectors

I am Dec 2009

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it weird how some minders go so long and others (like me) were inspected so early. My inspections were Aug 2008 and March 2012 (3yrs 7m) and now I'm on alert for another inspection by xmas.

Fingers crossed its 6yrs for me. The childminder down the road was over 5yrs. I achieved a good and was inspected 2yrs earlier than her and she was on a satisfactory. I'm still on a good and she's still on a satisfactory (now called needs improvement)
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly how you feel!

I'm 6yr 4months now too. I thought having for a good they would have me by now lol!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same, 6 years in April! There have been a few locally who have had inspections recently, but not even a call to see when I'm working so far! As much as I dread it, I really want it out if the way now I'm sure it wouldn't be so daunting if it were done annually like it used to be with Social Services! So much has changed since my last one, I'm worried I've missed something simple, but vital!!!