Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default got the call last night at 5-40pm

yep my last inspection was march 2009 so well over due, I did get outstanding at my last inspection but don't have early years children at moment.

Inspector explained that she could only give me meets the requirement or dose not meet the requirement.

I asked if she would be able to come back to inspect again when I have early years children which will be April, as one family mum is on maternity leave till then, the answer to that was No.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame they can't wait until you have EYs children again. I'm sure another few months wouldn't have made that much difference!

It's coming up to 6 years since my last inspection so I'm expecting the call any time now. I'm ready for an inspection, but it still gives my a wobbly feeling every time the phone rings!

3. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you been Mouse, I am also ready but I feel like Santa clause checking it twice to see if its naughty or nice, in my case meets the requirement or not.

ha

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspection was March 2010, so suppose I'll get a call soon
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you not borrow the lo whos parent is on mat leave?

7. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It's a shame they can't wait until you have EYs children again. I'm sure another few months wouldn't have made that much difference!

It's coming up to 6 years since my last inspection so I'm expecting the call any time now. I'm ready for an inspection, but it still gives my a wobbly feeling every time the phone rings!
    Totally agree with you Mouse...especially when newly registered CMs were waiting well over 1 year to be 1st inspected due to Ofsted own shortage of inspectors....when it should have been within 7 months and now new ones do not see an inspector for 2 and 1/2....talk about changing the rules to cover one's own shortcomings eh???

So sad the inspectorate tells us about self reflection but never seem to follow their own advice!!

Inspecting an Outstanding CM such as Zillervalley with no children on roll although this will soon change.... when some providers are begging and ...even willing to pay extortionate sums for an inspection... is hard to digest....would you agree?

Good luck Zillervalley...such a pity that they could not delay for just a few months

I will make a note of this and on the OBC agenda
    Last edited by Simona; 04-12-2014 at 10:50 AM.

9. Likes Ripeberry, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree with shortstuff zillervalley .. Can you borrow LO?

I'm at 6yrs and 1mth since my last inspection! Equally desperate for and dreading a phone call!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

6 years since last inspection? Unbelievable. My last was 2011 so expect an inspection any time now.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Locally, they do seem to be doing the 2009's . How can you explain to parents that we are inspected every three years, BUT I haven't been one for 5 years. It's not fit for purpose, in my opinion

13. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Simona Guest

In the past inspections were every 3 years...this is no longer the case as they happen within a cycle
    The current cycle ends in 2016
    more info is available on the OBC feedback from meetings held recently

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had my inspection last month, previous one was March 2009 - so I would agree that they are now catching up and people whose last inspections were 2009 should make sure they are ready for the call.

Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    In my previous role we used to have annual internal audits but if you moved sites (which I often did) you could end up with two or three in one year. Therefore, I lived in constant fear and dread of the audit, not a nice way to be!! So, an inspection every few years doesn't seem too bad to me. However, I've only just had my pre-reg so I will almost certainly think differently when I've had my first full inspection!!
    Good luck!!

Simona Guest

Many years ago we used to have a yearly inspection from Social Services...now that is what I would call a proper inspection and by knowledgeable people

Ofsted inspections were also kind of ok until recently when the whole system seemed to have gone beserk.

For the latest on inspections check the Ofsted big Conversation website for the latest.

18. Likes jillplum liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Many years ago we used to have a yearly inspection from Social Services...now that is what I would call a proper inspection and by knowledgeable people

Ofsted inspections were also kind of ok until recently when the whole system seemed to have gone beserk.

For the latest on inspections check the Ofsted big Conversation website for the latest.
    My under 8's worker just used to come once a year for a coffee and a chat, while children were playing she would ask me various questions from a form and fill in the answers. It was nothing like an Ofsted inspection!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    My under 8's worker just used to come once a year for a coffee and a chat, while children were playing she would ask me various questions from a form and fill in the answers. It was nothing like an Ofsted inspection!
    I think you are talking about CMinding when Social workers used to register and support us? yes I remember that too very well...the visits, the advice the real support and the uniformity of it...we didn't have 152 variations!

I was referring to SS doing inspections for settings when the EYFS was coming our way...they were proper inspections and I still have the original 2 reports in my portfolio for my preschool...delighted to read them any time and sad that system has gone