Pets/hygiene and Ofsted
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pets/hygiene and Ofsted

Hi, I have a kitten she's 3 months old and currently stays in my small conservatory area, however this was a space mindees used and would like it back for them. My question is where does everyone keep litter trays, food bowls etc and was Ofsted ok with it, also does anyone have any pet policies they would kindly share pls?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez66 View Post
    Hi, I have a kitten she's 3 months old and currently stays in my small conservatory area, however this was a space mindees used and would like it back for them. My question is where does everyone keep litter trays, food bowls etc and was Ofsted ok with it, also does anyone have any pet policies they would kindly share pls?
    You have to decide where the best place is so that children cannot touch food or litter tray at any time...this is to avoid spread of infection
    Poor pussycat...I am sure you will find the right solution
    When I had cats I put their tray and food upstairs during the day in rooms not accessible to children...my cats lived very happily with that and no worry about anything...including Ofsted!!

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

I have cats. The food is kept in the kitchen behind a stair gate. They have free reign over the house. I have a litter on each floor.. unfortunately one of which is in the kitchen (in a separate cupbored with a hole for them to get into) because it is the only place that the litter can go downstairs behind a gate and when i tried to get rid of one on the bottom floor the cats started peeing and pooing everywhere which I thought was more of a hazard to the mindees then a litter tray in the kitchen that gets changed daily. I dont know if Ofsted will agree on that... but *shrug* I am not really sure what else I can do about it. I have written a risk assessment for this.