Points on driving license
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    aly Guest

    Default Points on driving license

    Not sure where this should go so posted here {sorry if wrong place}

    I have 2 separate points on my drivers license and wondered if this will cause problems?

    I just phoned the DVLA and they can be removed after 4 years. the 1 set can come off now but the other set will be in april 09. I will need to pay so wondering if I should just wait to get them cleared together or separately.

    Will this go against me for any reason? {they were speeding point} i blame my partner as I was meeting him [first dates and all that ]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sheffield
    Posts
    498
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 07
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    i had 3 points when i was first registered and it was not a problem.



    cathy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    37,506
    Registered Childminder since
    1994
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    I wouldn't think they would affect anything for childminding...

    Your business car insurance may be higher.

    Plus of course, one of the things you need to show parents are your vehicle details, which includes your driving licence...

    If you're unsure how Ofsted will react, I'd give them a ring and ask

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    With the sexy Enrique
    Posts
    28,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    I cant see that there would be a problem

    Angel xx

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    3,285
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    It shouldn't be a problem with ofsted, however it may with parents. One set of my parents asked if I had a clean driving license and asked to see it!
    Ali xx

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dreaming of gorgeous George
    Posts
    4,860
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    got 6 points and no one has ever commented



    until now
    Last edited by ajs; 30-07-2008 at 10:06 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    With the sexy Enrique
    Posts
    28,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    Tut tut Mandy what did you do ?

    Angel xx

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dreaming of gorgeous George
    Posts
    4,860
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    drive too fast of course

    i never like being told what to do and that goes for my speed too

    no seriously though they bang 30 mph signs up on silly roads round here and they catch everyone

    the one i got caught twice on is a 60 mph then goes to 40 then 30 almost immediately and without warning

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    With the sexy Enrique
    Posts
    28,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    Hahaha funny

    Remind me not to get in a car with you

    Angel xx

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dreaming of gorgeous George
    Posts
    4,860
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Hahaha funny

    Remind me not to get in a car with you

    Angel xx
    you'd have to get to me first and i don't think you'll ever manage that

    oh that's a challenge you know where i live i expect a visit any time soon

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    With the sexy Enrique
    Posts
    28,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    You never know your luck Mandy !

    Angel xx

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire
    Posts
    1,713
    Registered Childminder since
    July 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    The inspector saw my driving licence yesterday with 3 points on it. She said "speeding". I said "yes" and she turned the page and didn't batter an eyelid about it.

    Wiggly
    x

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Coal Country, Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,448
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    MET
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    I have to say as a parent it might put me off using a childminder who had points on her licence to look after.
    Charlotte
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    desparately catching up and in need of s
    Posts
    1,878
    Registered Childminder since
    May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    I have to say as a parent it might put me off using a childminder who had points on her licence to look after.
    I can see your point but you have to look at the bigger picture as with all things. But as with all things this is just my opinion

    Everyone can make a mistake and it depends on if it happened whilst she was childminding, had her children in the car, or if she had noone in the car and hadn't realised her speed (I have a friend who is constantly going over hte limit whilst driving due to her height and position of the pedals - she constantly has to drive looking at the speedometer - which means her attention is not completely on the road causing a danger this way - hope that comes across okay)

    One of my parents terrifies me if I go anywhere with her and her children as she is constantly speeding so much so that I now won't go out with her anywhere.

    On the other hand if I showed you my licence which I have held since 1984 it has no points on it and my insurance is 100% no claims in 24 years you would feel happy with that and feel your children were safe but I haven't driven since 1995 apart from a couple of times and not driven at all in 6 years which I think makes me less safer than someone with points on their licence.
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Coal Country, Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,448
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    MET
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    I can see your point but you have to look at the bigger picture as with all things. But as with all things this is just my opinion

    Everyone can make a mistake and it depends on if it happened whilst she was childminding, had her children in the car, or if she had noone in the car and hadn't realised her speed (I have a friend who is constantly going over hte limit whilst driving due to her height and position of the pedals - she constantly has to drive looking at the speedometer - which means her attention is not completely on the road causing a danger this way - hope that comes across okay)

    One of my parents terrifies me if I go anywhere with her and her children as she is constantly speeding so much so that I now won't go out with her anywhere.

    On the other hand if I showed you my licence which I have held since 1984 it has no points on it and my insurance is 100% no claims in 24 years you would feel happy with that and feel your children were safe but I haven't driven since 1995 apart from a couple of times and not driven at all in 6 years which I think makes me less safer than someone with points on their licence.
    I can see your point, but still I would be concerned especially if there was more than one instance of speeding on the licence.

    I just think that if I had to chose I would chose the minder with no points rather than the one with points.
    Charlotte
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    back in my own little world!!!!
    Posts
    2,903
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Points on driving license

    None of my parents have ever seen my licence
    Katickles

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Points on driving license Points on driving license Points on driving license

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk