Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre reg visit advice for friend

Hi everyone
    Just wondered if anyone had any advice for my friend who has her pre reg visit? What are ofsted looking for regarding the new changes etc it's been such a long time since I had my pre reg wanted to try and help her somehow
    Many thanks in advance

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya
    I've just had mine.
    First she checked my ID to prove my identity/qualifications/first aid certificate. Then she gave me some safeguarding scenarios and asked me what I would do. She looked at some of my policies and asked about other paperwork eg accident forms. She checked my house was child-safe. Then she went into the EYFS areas in some detail, asking me what activities I'd do to support a child of a certain age in a certain area - eg what would I do with a (reluctant) boy of four to support his literacy etc.

About new changes, she expected me to be using the Sept 14 statutory framework. She expected me to refer to Development Matters as well as EYO and never mentioned SEND at all. Or food allergy labelling.
    I put some more details about my visit in the pre-reg thread, but that was basically it.

Best of luck to your friend, I hope it goes well for her

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much she will appreciate your advice good luck with beginning your business xxx