Inspection due within next 2 weeks
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Inspection due within next 2 weeks

My inspector has been in touch to tell me she will be visiting me within the next 2 weeks... I'm gathering all the information together I need but I seem to have tons of folders. I still have 5 files with the Every Child Matters Outcomes but do they still look at all the evidence you have collected in these????? I'm getting myself into a right stressful pickle!!!
    Anyone had there inspection recently and what did they look at?
    The pressure is on as I need a 'good' outcome so I can apply for the 2,3 & 4 yr old funding, and I got a 'good' on last inspection in January 2011..... HELP

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Every Child Matters is not really used any more...

You could take the opportunity to change it for the Eyfs and have a sort out at the same time!

There is a free pre-inspection checklist here - Childminder Guides - Exclusive Information Guides for Registered Childminder Members - Childcare.co.uk - you just need to log in free to get it.

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Every Child Matters is not really used any more...

You could take the opportunity to change it for the Eyfs and have a sort out at the same time!

There is a free pre-inspection checklist here - Childminder Guides - Exclusive Information Guides for Registered Childminder Members - Childcare.co.uk - you just need to log in free to get it.

Hth
    all EYFS is in place... Think I must need to stop keeping everything JUST IN CASE.. Things seem a lot brighter now I've had a good nights sleep

4. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Sarah ...you are right in saying that ECM is not used anymore as it has been 'conveniently' archived by this govt simply because it was the previous govt very successful policy but it is still current legislation

To me following all the policies of this govt means that every child does matters...thinking of inclusion and opportunities and all the new policies put in place especially their rhetoric on disadvantaged children

Sad this govt could not recognise that that ECM policy could have been carried on...I still use ECM and keep the docs safely filed away...who knows it may be resurrected one day?
    We live in hope

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my inspection on Monday. She gave me a good but she was hot on all about me books. How I gathered info on the induction of the LO. Fire evac plan. Evidence of the children outside. I use online software so wanted to see next steps and planning. How I was integrating diversity and decency?

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Sarah ...you are right in saying that ECM is not used anymore as it has been 'conveniently' archived by this govt simply because it was the previous govt very successful policy but it is still current legislation

To me following all the policies of this govt means that every child does matters...thinking of inclusion and opportunities and all the new policies put in place especially their rhetoric on disadvantaged children

Sad this govt could not recognise that that ECM policy could have been carried on...I still use ECM and keep the docs safely filed away...who knows it may be resurrected one day?
    We live in hope
    There would be less disadvantaged children if the government put money into families pockets more instead of taking out all the time. All that money wasted on meetings and conferences to change everything when it didn't need fixing, Madness

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andtan View Post
    I had my inspection on Monday. She gave me a good but she was hot on all about me books. How I gathered info on the induction of the LO. Fire evac plan. Evidence of the children outside. I use online software so wanted to see next steps and planning. How I was integrating diversity and decency?
    What is decency all about not heard of that one yet, have I missed something important?