New Online Ofsted Registration....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Question New Online Ofsted Registration....

Hi, I am just wandering if anyone has registered with the new online method, it started around July 2013.... Me and my friend are registering as childminders to work together and sent off our online application 3 weeks ago. I think it can take up to 12 weeks for Ofsted to come out and register us but just wandering if anyone has used this process and how long it took?? I'm really hoping they come within 12 weeks...

Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRabbits View Post
    Hi, I am just wandering if anyone has registered with the new online method, it started around July 2013.... Me and my friend are registering as childminders to work together and sent off our online application 3 weeks ago. I think it can take up to 12 weeks for Ofsted to come out and register us but just wandering if anyone has used this process and how long it took?? I'm really hoping they come within 12 weeks... Thanks guys
    Hi there,

I submitted my online application to Ofsted on the 5th April.

Within the first week I received a pre-paid envelope to return my Health Declaration booklet and both my friends received their Referee questions.

Beginning of this week I received my security token reference from Ofsted along with the invoice to pay the £35 registration fee.

So now I have done everything and I'm just awaiting the date for their visit!

Good luck with your application and keep us updated xx

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I did see in another post someone sent off their application around 25th March and already had their prepaid envelope and had paid their Ofsted fee and they were coming to visit them after Easter. Wander why we haven't heard anything back yet. I will ring them on Tues when open again, as when I log in and look at my application history, it says the application ID needs manually checking but I cannot change it so must be something to do with their side of things..... just want it all sorted

May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that must have been me - my inspection is on Thursday. I was surprised how quickly it all happened!

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucky u! We sent ours off 28th march n still nothing :-(

May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I did send my references with my application which perhaps helped?

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

We did too, both of us uploaded 2 references each and from diff people. Maybe it's because we are looking to work together and hav an assistant that it's taking a bit longer

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be on the phone to Ofsted tomorrow lol, just to check nothing is wrong. I understand it can take some time to hear back but the fact there is that red bar across my application in the history is a bit worrying. it says:

'The following items require manual checking and linking. Individual (A1)'

and then it has a box for 'Individual ID' which is blank and I cannot type into. Then it says 'Link Status' and 'manual check required' and 'please lookup this individual and link it to its record in RSA'

It might be nothing but would rather ring and check. I want to be up and registered asap!!

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Def phone to check. When I registered (a year ago now) I called them to find out what was going on and was told that the paperwork was effectively sitting on someone's desk and was only actioned because I'd phoned!!!! I know it's a different system but it's the same Ofsted!

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I agree...phone tomorrow and check.
    It's a bit odd when others have submitted theirs and heard back already and you haven't...
    Keep us posted on what they say x

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... I phoned on my mobile to go thru all the automated qs for my phone to then lose signal and it cut off (I work in an area with awful signal and work 8-6) but theyre only open until 6pm :-( I could risk using works phone at the nursery but if they listened in on the call theyd know haha!!

The good news is my friends application who I am working together with has had a message saying EYC is now complete and been given her URN :-) so im guessing she'l have a letter soon :-) now to wait for mine!!

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRabbits View Post
    Well...The good news is my friends application who I am working together with has had a message saying EYC is now complete and been given her URN :-) so im guessing she'l have a letter soon :-) now to wait for mine!!
    Yippee...sounds like it'll be very soon for you huni x

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Wahoo she has had her letter with prepaid envelope :-) does she just put health dec n send or do u include anything to say ref of application form? My form history says it was opened 2 days ago n then closed again within minutes which is all they seem to do with my form. Hope its not too much longer

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I am aware it's just your health declaration...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Well now I am confused.... I have received a letter with my OST (Ofsted security token) but my form still hasn't been completed by Ofsted online (their side) and I have not received my prepaid envelope.... where it says 'Our Reference' at top of letter, that is same reference as my friend has so im hoping they know we are together.

Has anyone else received their OST? I have also got in the letter - another document 'Guide to accessing the online Self-evaluation form' Do I enrol in SEF now? or too early as not been registered?

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

All of us that are connected to my friends application form have received an OST so I think that is why the reference is the same as hers. Why would the others need that? They have done DBS checks but I thought the OST was just for the SEF?

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I rung ofsted and apparently my form is missing an EY2 form....? Strange! We did all our EY2 forms. Dont understand why it let me submit my EYC if the extra forms hadnt been submitted fully. And why on earth has ofsted not contacted me to say this? They last opened my form 22nd april. Iv re done an EY2 anyway.

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have received your OST then you can use it to enrol on ofsted online, for SEF and other things like paying your fee, checking your application status etc...

Does seem strange that an EY2 form is missing as they wouldn't even allow me to submit my form until all connected EY2 forms were complete and had been submitted?!

Just a waiting game now tho...and that's the worst part

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh also, my DH received an OST and used it...he now has access to see the status of my application (although not detailed) and to update his details etc...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and I rang Ofsted again and they are now telling me there are other EY2 forms missing and now they say they cant find my online EYC and may have to do it again. What on earth are they playing at. I have an application number but not EY ref num yet.... And I can see in the history that a staff member has opened and viewed my form, its got her name there. Need to spk to another department but they shut at 5 and I wrk til 6. Im off on thursday so will definately be ringing them n getting it all sorted!!
    Last edited by LittleRabbits; 16-05-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast