Thread: Changing hours

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing hours

Hi all,
    Please could you give me some advise, I have an after schooler on a Monday and mum wants to change to a Thursday which is fine, but also wants me to have her youngest who is 3 Thursday 12-6 however I currently have 3 eyfs on a Thursday from 9-1, 9-4.30 and 9-6 does this class as continuity of care for an hour with 4 eyfs because they are sisters?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by critch View Post
    Hi all,
    Please could you give me some advise, I have an after schooler on a Monday and mum wants to change to a Thursday which is fine, but also wants me to have her youngest who is 3 Thursday 12-6 however I currently have 3 eyfs on a Thursday from 9-1, 9-4.30 and 9-6 does this class as continuity of care for an hour with 4 eyfs because they are sisters?
    From what you are saying that is definitely 'continuity of care' for siblings and for just 1 hour
    I 'personally' would do a self variation but...having read all the comments on Ofsted I would say it is up to you to decide
    Can anyone in your LA support you in your decision?

Good luck whatever you do.

Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you be having the 3 year old from 12 picking up from pre school? If so I would risk assess and make sure you could cope. Notify the parents of the children who come at that time and if all fine then I would also count it as sibling and continuity and be fine to do that.