Had a call from prospects
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Had a call from prospects

Hey said it's to update their info, does this mean I'm due a inspection?

Thanks

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by k3lly1985 View Post

Thanks
    Well that is definitely a new one...never heard of inspectors calling to update their info...could she not have looked at your SEF?
    They usually call to announce you are due an inspection...are you?.... and ensure you are not away and have children on roll

Very intriguing...keep us posted if you can.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a text today from tribal asking for up to date info...odd!! X

Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Well that is definitely a new one...never heard of inspectors calling to update their info...could she not have looked at your SEF? They usually call to announce you are due an inspection...are you?.... and ensure you are not away and have children on roll Very intriguing...keep us posted if you can.
    Every inspection I have heard about locally has started with a courtesy call to enquirer whether you have children on roll and what days/times to work.

And not every cm does a SEF!

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of info are they asking you to update??

I would just be careful about bogus calls asking for information - this often worries me and from prospective clients too.

I often feel vulnerable that we invite complete strangers into our home (prospective families), without any references or id, show them round and tell them a lot about ourselves. And just because they bring a child with them doesn't mean a thing, lots of crooks have children. Does anyone else feel this makes them vulnerable??

6. Likes unalindura77, bunyip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My text just said please call tribal to. Update your personal details. I have completed a SEF recently, my. First and only inspection so far, was less than 12months ago...I'm yet to cal back!

I have left a message with my network coordinator asking for advice... X

8. Likes Koala liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add to my previous post...none of my personal details gave changed and no one has tried to get in contact with me from Ofsted/tribal...it does definitely make me feel on edge x

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a call aboit 3wks ago from prospects to ask if I have any eyfs children on roll...they only asked the ages and confirmed to me my details....I asked if it will lead to an inspection...been waiting a year for my grading inspection. ...she just said it was to up date info and couldn't say x oh I have not completed a saf x

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have to do the saf online? I do mine in a book I write in?

Tried to call back but no answer!?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not due and inspection...I have nothing to hide or worry about...I don't think...I just wish they would just operate in a more straight forward way, rather than behaving all cloak and dagger like! Xx

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    Every inspection I have heard about locally has started with a courtesy call to enquirer whether you have children on roll and what days/times to work.

And not every cm does a SEF!
    Yes of course ...not all Cms do the SEF
    The courtesy call is to ensure we are in with EYFS children prior to a scheduled inspection not to update...not sure what we can tell them that is not on our records already?
    I can see some cms raising concerns about bogus calls and nowhere in the guidance it says inspectors will call to update...maybe it's new....but I would not give details unless I could identify the caller...their mobile number would not show anyway so no way of calling them back....my view of course.

I have nothing to hide either but I would not give private information just like that
    Last edited by Simona; 21-02-2014 at 02:51 PM.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks
    Are you waiting your first inspection?

Were they asking if you had eyfs children if yes then you will probably receive the call soon about your inspection
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    What kind of info are they asking you to update??

I would just be careful about bogus calls asking for information - this often worries me and from prospective clients too.

I often feel vulnerable that we invite complete strangers into our home (prospective families), without any references or id, show them round and tell them a lot about ourselves. And just because they bring a child with them doesn't mean a thing, lots of crooks have children. Does anyone else feel this makes them vulnerable??
    Koala this is the part I most hate about cming

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Tribal called me two weeks ago now, have not rested since.

Just to ask how many children I have on roll and what days do I work, wouldn't say anything else but yes I think this means their visit is imminent

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Yes of course ...not all Cms do the SEF The courtesy call is to ensure we are in with EYFS children prior to a scheduled inspection not to update...not sure what we can tell them that is not on our records already? I can see some cms raising concerns about bogus calls and nowhere in the guidance it says inspectors will call to update...maybe it's new....but I would not give details unless I could identify the caller...their mobile number would not show anyway so no way of calling them back....my view of course. I have nothing to hide either but I would not give private information just like that
    That's exactly the info I'm suggesting they are calling to 'update'. It's just a turn of phrase.

Post Thanks / Like

Well when I called I think it is about a inspection. I said yes I have one in the eyes but he's leaving in 2 weeks, so I'm back to just full time schoolers. He said to call back once I have one in the eyes, guess I'll get a inspection soon after that! Which I think maybe slightly mean as I'll not have many obs for a new one as my child that's leaving parents wants everything going! So all I'll keep is the bits I legally have to... Personal info and parents info!

Simona Guest

Well when I called I think it is about a inspection. I said yes I have one in the eyes but he's leaving in 2 weeks, so I'm back to just full time schoolers. He said to call back once I have one in the eyes, guess I'll get a inspection soon after that! Which I think maybe slightly mean as I'll not have many obs for a new one as my child that's leaving parents wants everything going! So all I'll keep is the bits I legally have to... Personal info and parents info!
    I think I am getting a bit confused...sorry for wanting to be clear

You say 'He said to call back'...who is he? the receptionist at prospectus or the inspector?

The comments below seems to say cms are getting the call but not the notice of inspection ...some are getting a text?
    Maybe Ofsted are updating all their info as so many cms have left they do not know who is coming or going?
    Why ring to update and then ring again to say an inspection is due?

For once it would be great if the inspectorate stuck to the rules they have taken so much pain to publish for us...back to guessing what they are doing and living in apprehension of 'that' call I guess?