Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: having a moan

Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default having a moan

It was 4 months.since.my ofsted inspection on 7th.oct. Still waiting for my report!!!! Have been contacting and getting nowhere!!!!!!! I had outstanding. But previous to that inadequate so i am desperate for my report

Anyone else had this

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would think.....and this is only my opinion....but...in schools if there are big changes in inspection decisions the paperwork that the Inspector submits is scrutinised and discussed at length ....so the report is always delayed.
    Given that you have improved loads ....well done .....it may require a longer processing time ....but it does seem you have waited ages ...

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leeanne910 View Post
    It was 4 months.since.my ofsted inspection on 7th.oct. Still waiting for my report!!!! Have been contacting and getting nowhere!!!!!!! I had outstanding. But previous to that inadequate so i am desperate for my report

Anyone else had this
    4 months is really a bit out of order...even the Ofsted Quality Assurance team will find that hard to justify
    I personally would contact Ofsted and ask if anyone can write to you about the delay...your inspection will be on their records
    Failing to get no answer I would write directly to you Regional Area Director or contact your representing association and speak to them

4. Likes FloraDora, rickysmiths liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love that you reply so .....properly Simona.....that is exactly what you should do in these circumstances...thank goodness we have members who advise so well. Your thoughts and advice are really appreciated.

6. Likes rickysmiths, unalindura77 liked this post
    dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Update on situation

Email december.i.had.a reply of a generic response which thought i was a parent so i corrected them to.be.told be patient.

Email begining of jan had a generic reply so said i was unhappy so apparently email was passed to quality assurance to help me.

Sooooooo after being fed up (of waiting and hormonal and tired and children seeming hyper and feeling like i have a cold coming grrrr) i phoned. Lady was a bit shocked said it should take this long so checked system. Apparently the draft was submitted but it hasnt been published. So gave me number for prospects to call inspecter and ask why i havent had a copy and when will i receive it. Call prospects and they are not there so they left her an email to contact me.

So.....here i wait again.

Luckily my parent are patient. But waiting may be costing me clients and also i cant pull in funding until i have it!

There must be a way to complain

Simona Guest

Update on situation

Email december.i.had.a reply of a generic response which thought i was a parent so i corrected them to.be.told be patient.

Email begining of jan had a generic reply so said i was unhappy so apparently email was passed to quality assurance to help me.

Sooooooo after being fed up (of waiting and hormonal and tired and children seeming hyper and feeling like i have a cold coming grrrr) i phoned. Lady was a bit shocked said it should take this long so checked system. Apparently the draft was submitted but it hasnt been published. So gave me number for prospects to call inspecter and ask why i havent had a copy and when will i receive it. Call prospects and they are not there so they left her an email to contact me.

So.....here i wait again.

Luckily my parent are patient. But waiting may be costing me clients and also i cant pull in funding until i have it!

There must be a way to complain
    Prospect and Tribal are accountable to Ofsted...your report must be with Ofsted Quality Assurance team so the buck stops there.
    My feeling is to call Ofsted, give them the date you were inspected, company who inspected you and let them investigate
    main concern to raise is the length of time you have waited for your response without a proper justification for the delay

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

As i said bellow i did call ofsted and she said it.shouldnt be this long and to call the inspecter who done the inspection....circles i am doin

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at the ofsted website on how to complain - failing that ask to speak to someone in Ofsted that is responsible for reports and running of Tribal/Prospects
    Debbie

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was having problems being passed from pillar to post with ofsted with my registration I asked the person I was on the phone to for their full name and asked for details of how to file an offical complaint when I said this I got given a name of a person who was responsible for my application, had never been given a name before, and got told to hold the phone and they would transfer to me a dept that before I had been told they couldn't transfer me to and within a week all my problems were sorted and I believe it was all because I asked them for the offical procedure to file a complaint as every time you phone ofsted and someone access your file it is logged and what action they took is also logged.

Simona Guest

As i said bellow i did call ofsted and she said it.shouldnt be this long and to call the inspecter who done the inspection....circles i am doin
    It is very obvious your patience is stretched to the limits but I really feel Ofsted should have given you a better answer than that...

did you take the name of the person you spoke to at Ofsted? do you remember the date you rang them?
    Did he/she tell you the name of the inspector who inspected you? your inspection will b eon records
    Do you remember her name?
    I have never heard of a CM being given the mobile number of an inspector to chase her report???
    The inspector would have passed her judgement to Quality Assurance team to confirm her grade or otherwise...did they tell you at what stage this QA process is at?

Last but not least did they tell you why your report is so late?

Yes I feel you are indeed going round in circles...it would be good if you sought support from an association if you belong to one...they may have good advice for you

Good luck and I hope your patience does not snap

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hun

I know who inspected me and the lady on the phone from ofsted i didnt catch her name and she said.it.shouldnt.take this long and that i must speak to inspecter and ask why.it hasnt.been published yet and that i want my copy....but on phoning propects and them saying they.will get her to.contact.me by emailing her saying i called. I feel doubtful anything.will be.done.

Going to.give it this week then.if.not i.will follow the steps you have said.cheers.

The lady on phone from ofsted said draft has.been submitted just not published

Simona Guest

Thanks hun

I know who inspected me and the lady on the phone from ofsted i didnt catch her name and she said.it.shouldnt.take this long and that i must speak to inspecter and ask why.it hasnt.been published yet and that i want my copy....but on phoning propects and them saying they.will get her to.contact.me by emailing her saying i called. I feel doubtful anything.will be.done.

Going to.give it this week then.if.not i.will follow the steps you have said.cheers.

The lady on phone from ofsted said draft has.been submitted just not published
    Hang on in there and hopefully it will be resolved soon
    I would suggest you take note of dates and phone calls you have made
    Let us know when all is sorted1

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Heard.back off inspecter. She said she will.ask.office where its got to and.if.i havent got it in a week to phone ofsted again

Simona Guest

Heard.back off inspecter. She said she will.ask.office where its got to and.if.i havent got it in a week to phone ofsted again
    Oh my goodness...is it a case of the missing report looming!!!
    May get Sherlock and Dr Watson on this...jokes apart hope your report will soon come to light!

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Another email from inspecter.

Office have informed her my inspection had to go for full quality assurance and is now at the last stage so i should receive it soon.

Hmmmm....how long is soon am tired of waiting

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I FINALLY HAVE MY REPORT!!!!

Outstanding still even after it going.through full quality assurance

19. Likes JCrakers, rickysmiths, Ripeberry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I FINALLY HAVE MY REPORT!!!! Outstanding still even after it going.through full quality assurance
    Fab news well done!!

Simona Guest

I FINALLY HAVE MY REPORT!!!!

Outstanding still even after it going.through full quality assurance
    The waiting was worth it then even though nerve racking!
    Well done

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done you.

That was a very long wait for whatever reason! X

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats brilliant well done you Some things are worth waiting for.