Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Developmental mattetrs V early years out comed

Hi

So I am aware if the new document EY outcomes and that it is very similar to the UC section of DV.

I was under the impression this was not a replacement ???

So why are so many ofsted inspectors referring to it???

Does anyone have the official guidelines regarding these to documents?

I have put it in my todo list for Monday to call ofsted... Actually I might do it now.

If anyone has any info in the meantime would be very grateful

TIA xT

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had a discussion about this before

Have a look at post 20 in this thread

DfE new DM Non statutory guidance for inspectors and providers

Simona Guest

The reasons are simple...
    1. Ofsted are focussing their inspection on outcomes which relate to the Unique Child hence the reason the DfE has reprinted the DM without the Positive relationships and Enabling environment

DM is still on the Foundation Years website but you have to scroll down halfway to see it while the Outcomes are at the very top

2. I would bet the Outcome will be in the revised EYFS when it comes out?

Keep using DM because both PR and EE help you with planning but make sure you print the EY Outcomes too

For more info read this article and Sue Gregory's clear drive towards outcomes

Outcomes focus for new Ofsted early years framework | Children & Young People Now

Simona Guest

Post Thanks / Like

Am I completely barking in thinking that its exactly the same though, only talking the statements obviously but after skimming through it none of them have changed have they, what a worthwhile exercise, is this what truss meant when she isn't want inspectors referring to it ll the time, so she sort of gets rid and calls it something else

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Am I completely barking in thinking that its exactly the same though, only talking the statements obviously but after skimming through it none of them have changed have they, what a worthwhile exercise, is this what truss meant when she isn't want inspectors referring to it ll the time, so she sort of gets rid and calls it something else
    Nothing has changed at all...not the words anyway
    They have copied it ad removed the photos too so you just get the age range
    Very DfE style...very formal which is what they did to the EYFS...short, concise, official and stern...if that is the right word?