Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    11/3/20
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Had my first inspection today

Hello

I don't often post on here as I have not had much to share but I find the information on here invaluable.
    I had my inspection today and wanted to share how it went so that others would find it helpful.

She phoned Monday and wanted to come that day!!!! I managed to fob her off until today. She said that she would be with me on Wed, Thurs or Friday. She arrived at 08:45 this morning. I checked her ID and then asked her to sign my visitors book.
    I am looking after a little girl at the moment and I only started minding her on Monday. I have my own 2 children too. She said that she would just observe me for most of the visit and she would check a small amount of paperwork at a convenient time. My 2 children and the little girl that I mind love being outside so we went outside straight away. Mrs O followed us with her laptop and sat on the step. All 3 children played on the trampoline and then in the playhouse and in the sand. My minded child took the spade and wanted to dig in the soil so we all joined in. It was perfect as there were loads of mini beasts to talk about. (I couldn't have planned it better!)
    My minded child wanted to go inside so we all went in and then she wanted to come out again so we all went back out with Mrs O in tow.
    I then took everyone in and helped all 3 to wash their hands before I made a snack. Mrs O sat at the dining table at this point and tapped away at the laptop and then started to look at my paperwork. We then all went back outside for a while and I then brought everyone in for storytime. I have a few story sacks which were great today as it kept all 3 engaged and they sat still and listened to the story while they played with the toys.
    Mrs O then asked me about my diversity resources. We then spent a long time talking about working in partnership with parents. I had examples of questionnaires and I also had a sheet signed by my parent with comments everytime they have seen their child's learning journey. I had a few examples of where the parent has suggested things and I have put changes into place. She then spoke about my safeguarding policy and asked me a few questions about what I would do in certain situations and my mind went blank but she was happy with me referring to my policies.
    She wanted to know what improvements I have put in place and what I wanted to put in place. She talked about my risk assessment and mentioned the changes I had added to it.
    She commented that my minded child had settled in well considering it was only her 3rd day and she seemed very settled. She also commented that we already seem to have a bond. She also said that I have my work cut out with her
    She thought my observations were excellent. I hadn't really had that much planning in place and I had put that in my sef that I needed to do more. She said that what I was doing was ample and that I didn't really need to change it which really surprised me. She said I had a good range of resources but she would like to see more natural resources and more sensory equipment which I had already mentioned in my sef.
    She didn't even look at my sef!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I spoke to her on the phone I asked her if she wanted me to send it as I had not uploaded it and she said she would look at it when she was here but she didn't. The only time she mentioned it was when she was writing the part about my setting!!
    I spent bloomin ages on it too. It wasn't a complete waste of time though as I felt it helped me.
    Anyway she was very positive and thought I was doing a lot of things right. She said I did very well for my first inspection and she gave me a Good grade
    I am over the moon and feel very relieved that it is all over. It has been haunting me for weeks now and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now. I didn't post on here as I didn't want people to come up with things that I had not done and panic me even more. I am not sat here typing this with a glass of Prossecco to celebrate!
    Hope this has helped those who are due their inspection soon.

2. Likes Bear23, littlemiss60561, Maza liked this post
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done and thanks for the feedback. Such a relief it's it

4. Likes Buckoblue liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulations and well done.

Thank you for the run down on your inspection too.

Xx

6. Likes Buckoblue liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

big congratulations x

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done! I've got my first one coming up soon so thanks for the feedback -really helpful!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done and cheers! x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheek of the woman wanting to turn up immediately - so glad you stuck to your guns and got her to reschedule - pleased everything went according to plan and congratulations on your "good" grade. You should sleep better now.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Well done thats great news
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations....that fantastic! Great to hear what she was looking for too, thank you x

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news! Congratulations :0) thanks for feedback too x

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done. I had an inspection this week too and its such a relief when its over isn't it.

I don't do written planning (I write observations and next steps from those) and ofsted lady was more than happy with that. I think some childminders think they need to write everything down but as long as you can show to ofsted you know your children and explain why you are doing certain things that's what they want to see.

Well done again x

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done x

Post Thanks / Like

Well done and thanks for the feedback

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations
    Cherry x

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you, I hope you enjoyed your prosecco x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!
    I've just started childminding, may I know when will they usually carry out first inspection?
    I read the new inspection documents and after reading it, I can only grade myself satisfactory (and they don't call it satisfactory now) so I'm really worried.
    It seems that diversity is a part that they always ask. Would you give me any suggestions on what kind of resources/activities that can be associated with diversity? (I'm on a limited budget so I can't afford to buy any farm set or something similar...)
    Thank you!!!

Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll done! I am waiting for my first inspection :-/ I'm a bit nervous. Looks like your inspection went really well! Did she ask lots of questions? How often do u summarise their learning and development and how do you record your planning? X

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TY628 View Post
    Congratulations!
    I've just started childminding, may I know when will they usually carry out first inspection?
    I read the new inspection documents and after reading it, I can only grade myself satisfactory (and they don't call it satisfactory now) so I'm really worried.
    It that diversity is a part that they always ask. Would you give me an seems y suggestions on what kind of resources/activities that can be associated with diversity? (I'm on a limited budget so I can't afford to buy any farm set or something similar...)
    Thank you!!!
    I borrow books and story's from the library:-) first inspection is generally six months from registration.

22. Likes TY628 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buckoblue View Post
    Hello

I don't often post on here as I have not had much to share but I find the information on here invaluable.
    I had my inspection today and wanted to share how it went so that others would find it helpful.

She phoned Monday and wanted to come that day!!!! I managed to fob her off until today. She said that she would be with me on Wed, Thurs or Friday. She arrived at 08:45 this morning. I checked her ID and then asked her to sign my visitors book.
    I am looking after a little girl at the moment and I only started minding her on Monday. I have my own 2 children too. She said that she would just observe me for most of the visit and she would check a small amount of paperwork at a convenient time. My 2 children and the little girl that I mind love being outside so we went outside straight away. Mrs O followed us with her laptop and sat on the step. All 3 children played on the trampoline and then in the playhouse and in the sand. My minded child took the spade and wanted to dig in the soil so we all joined in. It was perfect as there were loads of mini beasts to talk about. (I couldn't have planned it better!)
    My minded child wanted to go inside so we all went in and then she wanted to come out again so we all went back out with Mrs O in tow.
    I then took everyone in and helped all 3 to wash their hands before I made a snack. Mrs O sat at the dining table at this point and tapped away at the laptop and then started to look at my paperwork. We then all went back outside for a while and I then brought everyone in for storytime. I have a few story sacks which were great today as it kept all 3 engaged and they sat still and listened to the story while they played with the toys.
    Mrs O then asked me about my diversity resources. We then spent a long time talking about working in partnership with parents. I had examples of questionnaires and I also had a sheet signed by my parent with comments everytime they have seen their child's learning journey. I had a few examples of where the parent has suggested things and I have put changes into place. She then spoke about my safeguarding policy and asked me a few questions about what I would do in certain situations and my mind went blank but she was happy with me referring to my policies.
    She wanted to know what improvements I have put in place and what I wanted to put in place. She talked about my risk assessment and mentioned the changes I had added to it.
    She commented that my minded child had settled in well considering it was only her 3rd day and she seemed very settled. She also commented that we already seem to have a bond. She also said that I have my work cut out with her
    She thought my observations were excellent. I hadn't really had that much planning in place and I had put that in my sef that I needed to do more. She said that what I was doing was ample and that I didn't really need to change it which really surprised me. She said I had a good range of resources but she would like to see more natural resources and more sensory equipment which I had already mentioned in my sef.
    She didn't even look at my sef!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I spoke to her on the phone I asked her if she wanted me to send it as I had not uploaded it and she said she would look at it when she was here but she didn't. The only time she mentioned it was when she was writing the part about my setting!!
    I spent bloomin ages on it too. It wasn't a complete waste of time though as I felt it helped me.
    Anyway she was very positive and thought I was doing a lot of things right. She said I did very well for my first inspection and she gave me a Good grade
    I am over the moon and feel very relieved that it is all over. It has been haunting me for weeks now and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now. I didn't post on here as I didn't want people to come up with things that I had not done and panic me even more. I am not sat here typing this with a glass of Prossecco to celebrate!
    Hope this has helped those who are due their inspection soon.
    Well done...I have just seen your post and it is a good sign that cms are still getting good grades
    Have you received confirmation of your grade? ...has it remained at good after Ofsted Quality Assurance?

Hope so...let us know