Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Non childminder member
    Bedfordshire
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help - in a panic regarding SEF

I have my inspection in the next couple of weeks. I have been working on my SEF 2 hours a night for a week. Finally feeling like i'm getting somewhere with it. I had trouble logging in to OFSTED's website so I have done my SEF in a word document for now. I just went into OFSTED's site and attempted to copy and paste onto the form but it wont let me :/ There is no way i can type it all out again its about 4500 words so far. Is there any way I will be able to email it or send it another way or even just show the inspecter on the day? Really worrying as I know how important it is...

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Would highly recommend Sarah e-book number 18 about the sef..

if it got my DH to complete his unscathed it can help anyone

Knutsford Childminding | Sarah Neville - Registered Childminder

have a look at e-books page 1, number 18
    boo

3. Likes sarahb1985, sarah707 liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should be able to copy and paste text into the website. I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to.

As it is not a requirement to use the online system (or even do a SEF at all), then you should be able to email it to the inspector in advance.

5. Likes sarahb1985 liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can use the Ofsted template to copy and paste into. You should be able to do that!

Ofsted | Early years online self-evaluation form (SEF) and guidance for providers delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage

7. Likes sarahb1985 liked this post
    Non childminder member
    Bedfordshire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all! I really am getting myself into a panic about my inspection!! Turns out my internet explorer didn't want me to copy and paste, I changed to a different one and it works! I thought I had everything sorted then I found out I have a new mindee starting the week of my inspection. I now have lots more paperwork and things to think about! Also my local PACEY worker visited and suggested I change my paperwork so now I have to sort that even though it worked well what I had been told in the first place! Also found out that satisfactory isnt an option now, I either get a good ( which isn't likely i feel!) or get actions to improve! Anyway I think that's enough paperwork for tonight before I have a breakdown!! Thanks again x

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

And breathe!!!
    I agree the SET is important, but you can provide a hard copy on the day.

Is your new child Full time? If not, you may be lucky and inspection is on a different Day. They only look at paperwork for thre children you have at the time!

10. Likes sarahb1985 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Copy out of your document using control and c on your keyboard - paste into the online SEF using control and v.

Hth

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody gets actions to improve. I got a good and was advised to provide a print rich environment. If you look at reports of those with "Outstanding" they will be advised of something to be consider or work on.

Also, unless you have made any glaring mistakes or omissions as advised by your Pacey rep I would really think hard before changing any paper work this close to your inspection. If it works for you and you can explain how it covers and shows all you need then you will look confident to the inspector and that's bound to be better rather than trying to explain how and why you do things you haven't full got to grips with yet.