Is there a backlog in inspection visits
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is there a backlog in inspection visits

I was due march and still waiting not really worried just wondered. I only got satisfactory last time as first inspection and had only been working 6 weeks. People have said that as I was satisfactory i would be higher on the list to be seen. Is this so?? Don't really want them to come over summer holidays but would kind of like another as then I can get the good grade I know I deserve (not that it has stopped me getting mindees)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We keep getting told there doesn't seem to a reason to the Ofsted visits. they were thinking satisfactory first but then there are some goods being done first. One cm apparently was only done 17 months before with no complaint made.

We are being told to work like they could come tomorrow, as they could well do
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm only satisfactory as well and was due in May. No sign of them so far. I'm hoping I can avoid them until sept as I go over 5s only then so no LJs or EYFS. Can guarantee they come my last day of early years minding!!!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wondered if they have all gone on holiday as there don't seem to be very many posts on here (other than for first inspection) about people being routinely inspected. Hope they have as I was inspected 4 years ago in March - so have been expecting phone to ring, have got daughter's 18th birthday this week, family BBQ at weekend and another daughter's birthday next week, then off on holiday next Thursday - so haven't got time for an inspection! Not going to answer phone to any numbers that are with held or I don't recognise!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is a backlog.

I heard that Prospects cut their staff, then sacked a few more for consistently failing on 'quality assurance' (wonders........ did the settings they 'got wrong' get a 2nd inspection by somebody who does know what they're doing. )

They now do full inspections for 'serious complaints'. So how much time do they waste on malicious complaints from parents who are in arrears, or spiteful settings-owners making false complaints against competitors?

My village pre-school is sick of being inspected. It was previously owned and run by a team of 3. One of them retired and the remaining 2 partners bought out her share. They advised Ofsted who insisted on treating it as a new setting and made them go through the whole application process from scratch, including a pre-reg inspection and a grading visit 6 months later. So they had a total of 3 inspections in just over 12 months. What an efficient use of resources.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    I was due march and still waiting not really worried just wondered. I only got satisfactory last time as first inspection and had only been working 6 weeks. People have said that as I was satisfactory i would be higher on the list to be seen. Is this so?? Don't really want them to come over summer holidays but would kind of like another as then I can get the good grade I know I deserve (not that it has stopped me getting mindees)
    I called Ofsted they told me not to expect a visit until the 4th year. They came 1 week to the date of my 4th year till the last inspection.. I know minders in their 5th year and still waiting!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'm at 4yrs & 9mths since my last inspection! and I've moved house twice since then!

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i was done in March 2009, no sign as yet

really want it over though

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say yes...mine was February 2009...just had another a few wks ago and that was only because the inspector had a 'spare' day so thought she would call cos she was in the area!!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend got satisfactory, her next was three years six months.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The inspection cycle is Sept 12 to July 16 and it can be anytime within this scale - not based on when your last one was but when the computer spits out your number.

I spoke to my DO last week who said that no one had an inspection in the last 3 weeks unless it was a complaint
    Debbie

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

They are still inspecting in Dorset, I know of one last week and the two weeks before that (not 1st insp or complaints). Mine was 4yrs 6months ago though, I'm really hoping then come during summer hols when I'm quieter but guessing lots of inspectors will be away

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend had a satisfactory and is a year overdue.

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen a few posts in Facebook group of inspections but majority of them didn't get a good grading

sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm satisfactory was due in march, inspector rang on 17/7 wanted to come next day but i wasnt working. She was busy this week said coming tuesday wednesday next week. She did mention that I was being pushed due to having a complaint against me in february 2012 and that she was only ringing as she was travelling some distance to get to me.
    I do know of 2 other minders close by who are also awaiting inspections, one registered same time as me but they haven't heard anything yet.
    "nothing can get in my way" that's my new motto