Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting to feel sick

Hello all!

Am having a minor (actually major) panic attack... I have my 1st inspection a week today. This is only the 3rd week I've had my mindee and she only comes 3 times a week for 4 hours!

I explained all to the inspector and said I felt it was a bit unfair as I've not had much of a chance to get my head round things but she said my inspection was due and she still had to come

I haven't started let alone completed my SEF as I've only just started, will this make a difference to my grading?

I have done initial obs and have planned individual activities based on what I've observed and what mum has said. I've linked these to DM and have written next steps but have only managed to do 2 weeks of planning! Mum also gets a daily diary and she's filled in a questionnaire about how she thinks little one has settled. Will this be enough?

I really don't want to get a satisfactory but feel that I will as I have so little to show, any help on getting a good under the circumstances would be greatly appreciated...

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You must show some evaluation of your setting, the SEF is one way. Some members have reported inspectors not even reading it or others that say it wasn't an issue when they hadn't done one.

You are in an unfortunate position of only having had mindee a short time. It may count against you as you don't have much evidence to show. Have you had other mindees before and have evidence for them; the inspector may look at this although their focus will be on mindee with you that day.

You need to promote your setting to the inspector and show you 'know' your mindee, which will be hard but you can only do your best.

Good luck, be calm, and let us know how it went

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

It is really hard to get good on a first inspection anyway although I have known loads who have. I was in our position too having only been working 6 weeks when got mine. I did get satisfactory but I don't know how much of that was to do with the evidence and how much to do with the inspector (he is well known for only giving satisfactory on first inspection regardless). Basically i had no chance. I would stop worrying as having a satisfactory has never stopped me getting children, as long as your parents
    Are happy that's what matters. I have also been told by do that I am working at a much higher level. I am now overdue for my next and hoping to get higher this time round as I want to be able to show improvement if nothing else

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Just be confident and show your knowledge and you'll be fine
    Helen xXx

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, for all your advice and support, will let you know how it went...

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your inspection. I am feeling sick today I an so nervous.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, it will go well, try to stay calm(v. hard I know!) and sell yourself!!xx