Likes Likes:  69
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

your post made me well up too it seems so unfair, we are under so much pressure with silly little things plus looking after three babies and sometimes more, with very little training, ive said before and i'll say it again without this site i would not be childminding now.

you mentioned not having a planning sheet for that day covering the seven areas? i dont do this - ever please dont tell me its something i have to do

my inspection is due any time and i would be amazed if i go a good grading again, i just feel disheartened and worn down by everything at the moment, especially trying to be a fulltime housekeeper as well as childminding, started at 745 today finishing at 415 and then need to clean the house - joy !!! and as for paperwork ive really started to lose interest now i dont get time during the week, dh and the kids resent me taking time out at the weekend to try and get it done because that is our time

sarah is wonderful and my childminding hero if anyone can help you she will
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

2. Likes nell57 liked this post
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a crappy inspector who only ever gave satisfactory to newbies. I'd also only been working 6 weeks so what hope did I have. Waiting on another now but think there is bit of a backlog here so might take a while

4. Likes nell57 liked this post
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry this has happened to you. It makes me mad that Ofsted can get away with insisting on requirements that are not in the EYFS. Totally unacceptable, in my view. Hugs from me too.

6. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Helen I'm so cross and upset for you. Having been on this forum you have always been great with advise

I am overdue my inspection 4.7 now and while 6 months ago I felt come on then, the more I am seeing the more I dread

Big hugs

8. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending hugs, it all sounds very unpleasant and you've done so well to keep going since then. I hope your next visit is positive and you get your faith in the system back.
    I know Sarah and the others will give you sound advice, and I hope you take comfort from the knowledge, that someone, somewhere will have learned from your experience and feedback.
    Again, huge, mega, hugs.

10. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg, I really feel for you, is it too late to appeal? Sending hugs though to you. X

12. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i am totally gobsmacked by what you have written....I am so sorry this has happened to you.

All i can say is you have the whole of the forum behind you....thats a lot of passionate people who are stood with you.

Sending all my love

Wibble xxxxxxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

14. Likes nell57, Toothfairy liked this post
    Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Helen

I just wanted to say thank you for being brave and sharing your experience with us. Its a horrible experience but maybe some of us can learn from it and make better preparations for our own inspections, I have certainly been reminded of the need to be on my toes so Thank you and I hope things get better for you. Its probably not much consolation but in ten years I have never had a parent ask me about my Ofsted grading - they only want to know that we're actually registered.

16. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Helen

I am so sorry for your experience and I am glad you feel brave enough to share. I have my inspection in 2 weeks and I am so nervous. When I started cm a few months ago I really wanted an outstanding for my first grade. Now I am worried that I will end up as inadequate. I guess it is all down to how the inspector sees you and if their opinion is the same as yours.

18. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leeanne910 View Post
    I just wanna send u a hug. I had my first graded at inadequte thus week due to once incident...so i feel vulnerable too....but i wanna send a hug to u xx
    I hope you are managing to move on from this Leeanne and that you have things in place for your re inspection.

20. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's truely appalling, I'm not at all surprised you're wondering whether to give up, I would be too. I don't have much in the way of written planning either, just the next steps really, and I was graded good, so I don't know where she got her idea from that it was a requirement! I too think it's not too late to put in a complaint. If I get downgraded at my next inspection, I've already decided I'll give up, my own children are grown up now and although I do this job because I love it, there are easier ways to make a better living!

22. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your bad experience. Hope you feel strong enough to keep minding and prove the inspector wrong at your next inspection by getting an outstanding. X

24. Likes nell57 liked this post
    june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about the way you have been treated, sending big hugs

26. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I was at a meeting today in London and this is a message that came across. A number of LAs are concerned about the number of vicious inspections under the new guidelines. Tribal and Prospects were present at the meeting so hopefully the message will filter back.

28. Likes kellyskidz!, AgentTink, nell57 liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if it's too late to complain to change your grade please do write to them and complain, the inspectors need to be questioned as to why they came to some of their judgements before they continue to apply them to other minders.

If a inspector rang me and said they were being supervised during my inspection I would ask them for someone not being supervised simply because you are the third person I've known to have two inspectors and all the inspections were a total nightmare.

It's so not fair it's like they are trying to prove themselves and are extra picky. Can't believe the o e about the baby crawling, basically calling you a liar, I'm gob smacked.

Don't give up prove them wrong and get stronger.

30. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you and wish I could give you a hug x

Having been through the wringer 2 years ago with allegations and suspension I imagine you feel rather like I did then. It all felt so hopeless I got through it and hope you get through this time too, you are a sweet person and have been unfairly treated.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

32. Likes nell57 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

(((hugs)))

34. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How awful!!!
    Inadequate is SUCH a horrible word, I know it's been changed from satisfactory for a reason but it seems so much more harsh. It's scary how our livelihoods depend to an extent on one or two people coming into your home, who dont know you or your kids from Adam and making snap judgements based on a few hours of watching you.
    It's so hard to tell you to keep your head up and it doesn't matter, because of course it does. I'd complain if I were you. A lot. Make a fuss, why not? It's your right to do so if you feel they were unfair. They aren't invincible or above complaint so yes, I'd do it. Good luck and sending hugs xxxx

36. Likes nell57 liked this post
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confused

How are ofsted getting away with this?? The comment about the ofsted inspector saying that next steps should be on a separate planning sheet for example - I wasn't aware of any 'fixed rules' for planning so how can that be a valid comment?

38. Likes nell57 liked this post
    may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Helen,
    They were incredibly harsh on you. I feel your utter pain. I wish for you to find the strength to complain. Written planning does not have to be on any specific pro-forma, were you able to explain verbally your set up of the day and how you planned ( can be in your head) to cover each area. I can see why so many childminders write reams and reams of planning etc.... just to show as evidence to Ofsted and even then Ofsted may not "like" that method. I have gone full circle now and only use a diary and notes, can't wait to hear what Ofsted ( prospects) think of that!. I would like to say I don't care, but of course I do, just like you care about your result. I'm hoping I have the strength to stand up for myself and debate any point the inspector makes.
    Hugs to you Helen
    Please let Sarah support you in your complaint.
    Carol xx

40. Likes nell57 liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast