Variations!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Variations!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Variations!

Hi.

I'm sorry if this has been asked already and I hope its not complicated when I explain.

I have lots of term time only contracts with additional notes saying that holiday club may be required. Now as you can imagine a lot of parents don't want to commit to days during holidays which is fine and I don't mind that however I do have a lot of enquires for those children through the holidays for extra days which again is fine. I am aware that in order to accommodate these children due to ages I need to have variations in place for them but its becoming more apparent that for the summer holidays I will have a variation in place everyday. I know ofsted don't want us to have variations in place as the norm but what I'm asking I guess is is it ok to have these variations every day during the holidays only?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Registered Childminder since
    feb 11
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I often have a variation in place 4 days out of five in the holidays as a child started as an after preschool which then turned into holidays care, so I have four under five Ofsted were fine with this when I was inspected as I did the variation under continuity of care x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. All of mine are continuity of care but just wasn't sure if I was allowed variations everyday.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think it would depend on how well you document your ability to manage the needs of the individual children - while caring for and educating them effectively.

How well would you be able to show off your provision, ways of working etc if you were inspected?

Are all parents happy with the arrangements?

Things like that

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi sorry to butt in on this post but i too need advise on this as only been up and running just over a year now and still finding my feet. I have a two yr old son, and currently one child full time aged 1 1/2. I have one child who does one maybe two afternoons a week but not always same afternoons. This child is also two. Ive now got someone wanting childcare for four full days for a two yr old and this would overlap giving me four on one afternoon a week for maximum of three hours. What would i need to do to prove i could manage these hildren? I do have the option of my son going to his grandads these days but im unsure of what im requiredo do. Can anyone help please??

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum_of_harry View Post
    Hi sorry to butt in on this post but i too need advise on this as only been up and running just over a year now and still finding my feet. I have a two yr old son, and currently one child full time aged 1 1/2. I have one child who does one maybe two afternoons a week but not always same afternoons. This child is also two. Ive now got someone wanting childcare for four full days for a two yr old and this would overlap giving me four on one afternoon a week for maximum of three hours. What would i need to do to prove i could manage these hildren? I do have the option of my son going to his grandads these days but im unsure of what im requiredo do. Can anyone help please??
    I'm not sure you can because it would be for new business not continuity of care?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you child with 2 afternoons has a contract allowing her any day to choose from them you don't have a space for the next child under a variation as it isn't continuity of care.

Sorry
    Debbie

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if your son goes to his granddads he still counts in your numbers as you are ultimately responsible.
    You can't take on the 4-day 2yo as it is new business putting you over your numbers.
    I would be questioning whether the 1-2 afternoon child is worth keeping on as they are stopping you taking on a more financially beneficial 4-day a week child.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been advised by my local authority adviser that the ratios are still the same and that we are not allowed more than 3 under 5 unless exceptional circumstances. I too have my own daughter and so can only have 2 others at any point. I wanted 2 under 12m but have been told that this is not permitted. I think the new EYFS is confusing. I have contacted ofsted and all they can say is they can't advise me. ...... but they will come in and inspect me. I think ofsted is completely useless I am so shocked by their lack of professionalism and support