Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have submitted my complaint

Well I received my written report from my grading and took an hour to write my complaint out. I raised, what I feel to be, 8 valid points. Time will tell. They have received it and forwarded it on to the relevant department.

My OH tells me I am wasting my time but I feel that I have to try.

2. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good for you
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some people have had their grades overturned so definitely worth a try. If you hadn't done it you will have always wondered what might happen if you appeal.

Did the report sound better than you thought it might? Or was it as atrocious as the inspection?

Good luck anyway

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Knight View Post
    Some people have had their grades overturned so definitely worth a try. If you hadn't done it you will have always wondered what might happen if you appeal.

Did the report sound better than you thought it might? Or was it as atrocious as the inspection?

Good luck anyway
    to be honest with you Rick I felt like ripping it up it made me so angry. The things she has put in there are awful. Apparently im not meeting my legal requirements in taking the LO's outside. Well all she has to go on is that day and it was like today, raining on and off. I had the little ones painting hand and foot prints so they were only partly dressed and she thought we should have taken the painting outside to do? I should point out we had been outside for about 6 hours the day before doing all sorts and normally we are even when the weather is bad but not when they cant be dressed accordingly. I have even got a gazebo outside the back door to allow for this, which she saw.

Also I didn't incorporate all of the children in to my planning, but as I explained to her on the day it was only the third week one of them was with me and we were still getting to know each other, as she is only 14 months, so my planning for her was to see what reactions I got and if she was adverse to paint on her hands and feet.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, I'm fuming for you...

Keep us updated, I really hope something comes of the complaint.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    Good luck, I'm fuming for you...

Keep us updated, I really hope something comes of the complaint.
    thanks but im not holding my breath x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right to complain, good luck with getting your grade changed or even if you just get the nasty comments removed/changed from your report if will have been worth the effort in writing the letter. Lets hope Ofsted are as prompt and thorough in responding to a complaint made about them as they are about complaints made about us!

9. Likes AliceK, karen m liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    You are right to complain, good luck with getting your grade changed or even if you just get the nasty comments removed/changed from your report if will have been worth the effort in writing the letter. Lets hope Ofsted are as prompt and thorough in responding to a complaint made about them as they are about complaints made about us!
    thanks, i hadnt thought of it that way so really big thanks x

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you!

I too think Ofsted should be more accountable, all too often we don't "dare" to question! There is no Ombudsman, so "they" think "they" can get away with it!! And, until September at least, and possibly on beyond, an unfair satisfactory rating can impact on our earning potential.

I know that the children need to be protected first and foremost from poor settings where they aren't given the best start in life, but a Childminder who is prepared to come on here, ask questions, learn - well, I find it hard to imagine that children in that persons care aren't going to be put first!

12. Likes wendy latimer liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks messy, i think if i was only worth a satisfactory i wouldnt have some of the children i do here as they have come from personal recommendations, from a very particular mum.

14. Likes MessybutHappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go you! That sounds absoluetely ridiculous, how could you paint outside when it's raining?!! Good on you, keep us posted

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    Go you! That sounds absoluetely ridiculous, how could you paint outside when it's raining?!! Good on you, keep us posted
    thanks Murphf that just about summed her up, not forgetting her opening statement 'the best you can get is satisfactory on your first grading'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post

thanks Murphf that just about summed her up, not forgetting her opening statement 'the best you can get is satisfactory on your first grading'
    Yes I have just seen this, was away the week it happened and you updated us.. Madness. How can she know what you are like before she comes in the door?!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    Yes I have just seen this, was away the week it happened and you updated us.. Madness. How can she know what you are like before she comes in the door?!
    i agree, she was still working to pre september too lol x

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you. I bet with the attitude she had prior to even meeting you, if you had of gone outside then it would have been wrong! Let alone detrimental to their well being! Including the upset when there masterpieces were ruined from the rain! Silly woman .
    At worst you should have ridiculous comments removed. Clearly untrue and ESP as you told her. did she mark any area good?
    Edited for stupid iPad predicting what I wanted to write!
    Last edited by littlemiss60561; 28-05-2013 at 05:11 PM.

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend had first graded ofsted and appealed her satisfactory grading she was regraded good without reinspection. Once the rubbish remarks and incorrect expectations were removed from her report it was an obvious good. The trouble is that inspector is still working for ofsted!

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you, like you say it might not make a difference to you personally, but if the inspector is questioned/told off it might make her less strict with another CM which is a positive. Hopefully though it changes your grading or the comments made, if you don't try you'd never know.
    So sorry you had a bad time of it, it's what gives OFSTED a bad name sometimes and makes people wary of inspections. Keep us updated xxx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    My friend had first graded ofsted and appealed her satisfactory grading she was regraded good without reinspection. Once the rubbish remarks and incorrect expectations were removed from her report it was an obvious good. The trouble is that inspector is still working for ofsted!
    Maybe i had the same inspector as Im only up the road?

I live in hope that they are realistic. But my luck isnt with me at the moment so as ive said i wont hold my breath x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck honey xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like