Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    West Sussex
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it possible to delay inspection?

I've been minding for just over 4 years now so am overdue my second inspection but tbh I'm not sure if I'm going to carry on minding. As much as I really enjoy it and want to carry on competition for work is high in my area and I almost never get enquiries, my first family filled my vacancies but emigrated last summer and I then had another family which fitted with the hours I wanted to work but they are due to leave at the end of July. I have no other work on the horizon and am feeling deflated about it all. I am due an inspection but wondered if I get the call if I can delay it on the basis that if I don't get more work in the next couple of months I will be seeking alternative employment :-(. I really don't want to go through the hassle of inspection if I might be stopping imminently. Thanks x

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They will see what you are doing at the moment and assess you on that- I don't think you need to delay it be user uou might stop- what matters is that you are minding now so if you have a call you need to be inspected. You don't need to do anything differently - just show them what you do- that's the point of an inspection- you may even find it better and you can feel more laid back as it doesn't matter so much what grade you get if you might give up soon anyway?

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

tbh I'd have the inspection as it means you can carry on minding until the next one as long as you stay registered, if you can't fill your spaces then you can have a break and do somehting else, and that way your registration can stay open should you wish to return to it.
    Marnie x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my last inspection end of March 2009 and haven't had the phone call yet! As you got Good last time they may still take a while to get round to inspecting you as they are concentrating on people who got Satisfactory last time, or may have moved or having a first inspection.

I do know someone who did manage to put Ofsted off by telling them she was just minding until Sept when the last lot of lo's went to school - so worth a try, but don't whatever you do cancel your registration even if you don't get any new mindees straight away as you will have to pay again to re-register if you do get some enquiries and decide to carry on. Advertise everywhere you can, make a badge saying "Ofsted Registered Childminder" or buy one if member of PACEY and wear it whenever minding at toddlers, park etc , put an advert on your car so when you park in car parks lots of people see your name. Good luck

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    West Sussex
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, I think I was just having an off day the other day and am feeling more positive now. I don't want to stop minding and fortunately we do not rely on my income as we just use it for 'extras'. I have done notices for my car, set up a FB page for my Childminding and keep telling other cm I know that I have spaces in case they can pass any work my way. Hopefully something will turn up soon

6. Likes hectors house liked this post