Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ofsted want further info ?????

Hi, Im in theprocess of registering. Iv sent of my medical form and declared a slipped disc I had 2 yrs ago. Doctor has also referred to this on his report. Now ofsted have sent a letter to gain permission for them to get access to my medical records. Does this mean my doctor will give them the whole of my medical records (wouldnt be happy with that) or that they will ask my doctor to fill out another form? Iv just made an appointment to see the doc nx week as I dont know how he can make a proper judgement when I havent seen him for 12 months. Any advice or experience greatfully received.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmalita View Post
    Hi, Im in theprocess of registering. Iv sent of my medical form and declared a slipped disc I had 2 yrs ago. Doctor has also referred to this on his report. Now ofsted have sent a letter to gain permission for them to get access to my medical records. Does this mean my doctor will give them the whole of my medical records (wouldnt be happy with that) or that they will ask my doctor to fill out another form? Iv just made an appointment to see the doc nx week as I dont know how he can make a proper judgement when I havent seen him for 12 months. Any advice or experience greatfully received.
    Sorry I dont know the answer to this one. Im sure someone will be along with the answer shortly x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emmalita View Post
    I would assume because your doctor has referred to your slipped disc thry want more information to see if you will be able to cope with picking children up etc.

They may also refer you to one of their medical (whats the word im looking for) advisors to check if you are fit to work.

Im not sure about them seeing all your medical record's and how you would go on refusing.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ofsted have a right to see any information they decide they need - to make sure you are fit to care for children.

A slipped disc might mean they put restrictions on your registration - unless you can prove that it is unlikely to affect you.

The first thing they do is to look in more details at your medical notes - and talk to your doctor - then they will usually refer you to their doctor who talks to you about the medical condition and decides whether you are suitable to work with children.

It might be a long process - a friend went through this recently and it took 3 months - so be prepared to hurry things along and chase.

Hopefully it will be quick for you xx

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted wanted additional info from my Dr, I had an additional medical then a psych assessment which was not as bad as I thought it would be, then you will have a visit if they need more info and take it from there. I am now having pre reg on the 13th May but my whole application has taken from November last year
    Good luck xx

June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Ofsted have a right to see any information they decide they need - to make sure you are fit to care for children.

A slipped disc might mean they put restrictions on your registration - unless you can prove that it is unlikely to affect you.

The first thing they do is to look in more details at your medical notes - and talk to your doctor - then they will usually refer you to their doctor who talks to you about the medical condition and decides whether you are suitable to work with children.

It might be a long process - a friend went through this recently and it took 3 months - so be prepared to hurry things along and chase.

Hopefully it will be quick for you xx
    3 months oh god I hope not! I better get a move on...

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They have no right to see your med records. They can ask for further info on your slipped disc. They normally send another form for your doctor to fill in. Which is what happend to me. The problem was getting the DR to fill it in.. Took him 6 weeks to even look at it, even though I paid for his service. Ofsted were pretty good and quick once they did get the requested info.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Be prepared to chase them to get things moving faster. My application didn't get passed on within OFSTED until I phoned and asked what was happening. If the slipped disc is an old problem, it should be ok but of course they have to check that you are safe to look after children. Could be just more info from your GP, might be a referral to another doctor. Try not to worry about it. Hope it gets sorted soon.

June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Im at the doctors tonight to have a chat with him as I haven't seen him in over a year. Im going to tell him to fill in the form as soon as it comes in otherwise I will be ringing EVERY day!!! So will I have to pay for him to fill in another form? Expensive business this childminding lol He only charged me £20 for the last one though so that's not too bad.