Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wonder when Mrs O will come...

I got my phone call from Mrs O! She told me She will be visiting me either on Tuesday or Wednesday next week, I explained to her On Tuesday I hava a baby and pre schooler who is at the school from 9-12pm and On wednesday I have both boys with me all morning. Do you think she would prefer Wednesday when I have more children here?

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They like to keep you guessing! The fact that you don't know means you have to prepare for both days (unless they come first day of course!)

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol I know, just wondered would they prefer to see how you work with more different age of children or would they be happy to see you with just one little one. Well I will find out next week lol!

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be Wednesday but that's all it is - a guess!

It depends what gaps the inspector had free in their diary when they phoned - she may have had both days free or already had an appointment pencilled in on one of them.

Best get ready for Tuesday!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

And they have been! All over now, so relief and got graded good! So happy! Mrs O was here 2 hrs, I only had one 1year old at present and it was not too bad!

6. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done. Bet you're glad it's all over now! Good job you were ready for both days. Just goes to show Ofsted won't necessarily come when you have more children.

Can we have some feedback when you have time

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done! Now you can enjoy the sunshine!! Two hours is good! Are they coming for shorter periods now? When I had mine 4 years a go she was here for over 4 hours!
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

annnnnndddddd relax well done

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Mia

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, 2 hours is quick considering i have heard others have been a lot longer. If you have any feedback that would be great.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say today as they may expect you to assume weds as more children present! Welldone on the grading . Sleep well!

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody, I feel so relief now lol! Mrs O arrived at 9.40am,showed her ID, I asked her to sign in and my little mindee was asleep. She just quickly looked my paperwork first, child record forms, permission forms and accident folder and also asked to see safeguarding and complaints policies. I gave her copy of my SEF which I had not had time to do on line. My little one woke up and was a little bit shy first but luckily cheered up soon. I had some treasure baskets, musical instruments and toys ready for him to play. Mrs.O just observed us while we played, LO had snack, we went outside (open doors to the patio) and played with the balls and bubbles.
    Mrs O did not really asked many questions,I think I covered most of the things on my SEF. She asked about diversity, any special celebrations,messy play for babies ( recommended water,sand, cornflour and cooked pasta play for little ones), asked about my future training, how I settled children when they started with me and few questions about my learning journals. ( only looked under 5s, not interested in older ones)
    She advised me I need to label more things for baby, so talk more and point things out, this is book, this is nose,where is your nose...and that I should offer my LO more opportunities to pull himself up as that is his next physical development stage.
    She liked my learning journals and commented she can tell LO is really settled with me and all my paperwork was like it should be. So now just waiting my final report! MRS O was really nice, typing a lot and left around 11.40am,so not so bad at all!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well done

Thanks for your feedback