Inspectors are so out of touch!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspectors are so out of touch!

I feel the inspectors are so out of touch will what really matters in childminding like keeping the children safe and happy. That doesnt seem to count for anything anymore, they just harp on about traning, certificates, eyfs, development......... Well ones things for sure Ill NEVER let another inspector in my home and Ill give up before that happens. Anyone else feel the same yet?

2. Likes refoor liked this post
    Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do. My friend was told that she should be potty training a 12 month old and her back door should always be open so the children have access to the garden at all times.

Linda.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by linda2girls View Post
    Yes I do. My friend was told that she should be potty training a 12 month old and her back door should always be open so the children have access to the garden at all times.

Linda.
    SERIOUSLY!!!!?????? OMG!

Are they going to foot the heating bills not to mention the cleaning you would have to do etc. That really bad. I think I would have called ofsted and had a rant about that one. X

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's such a shame when inspectors are like that

I have to be fair, my last inspector was lovely. At the start of the inspecion I did quiz her on her experience of childminding and she had actually been one before she'd become an Ofsted inspector. I do think it makes a difference when they have experience of the job they're inspecting.

6. Likes christine e, loocyloo liked this post
    June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had only a good experience so far my inspector was lovely and totally down to earth.
    Would never have my back door open all day though, how can that work in a home all my heat would go out the door and my neighbours cats would be in all the time!!!

8. Likes christine e liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately some inspectors are out of touch with how childminders manage their businesses - but they should be open to reasoned argument!!

If you feel that what they are saying is wrong, stand up to them and explain why!!

It sounds like you have had a bad experience. I am sorry to hear that. Hugs xx

10. Likes wendywu liked this post
    Mar 00
    Post Thanks / Like

I most certainly am going to complain, Im just waiting for my report to come back! I had to complain last inspection also as it was awful - didnt get me anywhere though. Ive had enough now. I dont know who they think they are, coming into OUR homes, making a judgement on us in a few hours when they dont know us. The nick picking I got was just ridiculous!!! Who says that theyre right and were wrong!

12. Likes jan, christine e liked this post
    mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Luckly I've always had nice ones and who did there job and left

If you feel your inspections are wrong appeal
    Goodluck

Mar 00
    Post Thanks / Like

I would appeal but if it means another inspector coming to my home then - NO WAY!

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

It may well mean another inspection
    But if so would be another person I would of thought?

What was so bad with your previous inspections? Just them asking questions and being nosey?? ( you don't have to answer )

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I found my last inspection so stressful, I couldn't answer the questions properly as I kept having to see to the children (after all that is my job) that I swore than when Ofsted rang next time round I would tell them not to bother as I would be giving all parents 4 weeks notice from that day - however 4 years on, there is no way I can do that to my little ones or their parents, so guess when the call comes I will just have to do my best. I did get Good last time, am prepared to argue this time, even if it means I get graded satisfactory - I will not be a push over!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have changed a lot of things since my previous inspection 3yrs ago and I am more confident in my role and prepared to argue my case now. I had my recent inspection a week ago. I was questioned about a few things and had either written reasons or I put my reasons across verbally on the following:

I do not do any written planning anymore.
    I do not fill in the online SEF
    My toy boxes are not labelled
    I let the children eat raw cake mix when we make cakes (raw eggs!!)
    I do not have stair gates on my stairs

These are the things I can remember off the top of my head. I had clear and relevant reasons for all the above, all were accepted by my inspector. I think if you can explain why you do or do not do something, show you have thought about it and RA'd where neccs and that the outcomes for the children are not compromised they cannot argue with you.

xxxx

18. Likes refoor liked this post
    Mar 00
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a stairgate across my minding room which stops children going into the kitchen, upstairs and basically wandering around the house. The inspector asked me what happens when the children need the toilet, I said that they ask me to go, and I open the stairgate! - really not an issue at atall! She said to me "Well why dont you just leave it open and they can come and go as they please"?! I told her that my stairgate has been there for 13 years, which Ofsted told me I HAD to have in place and has never been a problem! (just so ridiculous).
    After the inspection (5 days later when she phoned me with the outcome) she told me that whilst observing me when we came back from collecting the child at nursery I let him take his shoes off himself, his coat, let him go to the toilet and flush, let him wash his hands with help (hes 3 yrs old) BUT THEN I DRIED HIS HANDS FOR HIM! I actually helped him dry his hands like Id helped him wash his hands. So shes obviously marked me down for this. I find this totally pathetic to be honest and Im just waiting to get that report back - pen poised!
    There were lots of petty comments like this but not enough space to write it all.