Ofsted inspections after school and at weekends?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted inspections after school and at weekends?

Does anybody know if Ofsted inspect childminders after school time (for reception age children) or at weekends for all ages up to age five?
    Many thanks

dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be wrong as I'm pretty new myself but from i understand reception age children a considered a rising 5 (not sure if I worded that right) which means as your not there main carer there not really considered EYFS with you. I was told that I would only be inspected with EYFS children. However there is probably someone more experienced that can help.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sineadquinn. I thought that too, but after checking the EY register and the childcare register registration requirements, I think the 4+ reception clause only applies to the 'numbers' you can have in age band. I would still have to remain on the early years register if I care for children before September 1st after their fifth birthday. You are right when you say that the main care takes place at school, but does that actually make me exempt from inspection?

Quote Originally Posted by sineadquinn View Post
    I may be wrong as I'm pretty new myself but from i understand reception age children a considered a rising 5 (not sure if I worded that right) which means as your not there main carer there not really considered EYFS with you. I was told that I would only be inspected with EYFS children. However there is probably someone more experienced that can help.

4. Likes Toothfairy liked this post
    dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would depend how long you have them for really if its only a couple of hours a week then this would seem a little unfair as your not going to be able to really show them your full potential probably best speaking with your DW. I'm sure there's someone here that prove knows a big more too. X

OCT 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I know someone who only had recetion aged twins had inspection after school only had children an hour and got a good

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They will inspect for after school - reception - in EYFS - children.

I have never heard of them inspecting at the weekend though!

Hth

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help folks!