Number of children I can care for? 'Exceptions' due to contunuity of care....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Number of children I can care for? 'Exceptions' due to contunuity of care....

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me regarding my numbers. Here are my circumstances:

I have my own 3 children - 6yrs (out of the EYFS), 3yrs and 2yrs
    I currently care for a 1 yr old on Mondays and Wednesdays and another 1yr old on Thursdays and Fridays - So i have 3 under 5yrs 4 days per week (At the moment I do not have any children, except one of my own on the Tuesday).

Now, here's my question.... can I care for either of the 2 children I CURRENTLY care for on the same day as the other child, for contunuity of care? ie. Child A comes on Mon and Wed and child B on Thurs and Fri ... can I care for child B on a Monday as well as child A? - I also have my own 3yr old and 1yr old all week (taking my under 5's to 4)

(I'm aware Ofsted no longer make 'exceptions').

Thanks in advance x

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can increase your under 5s to 4 for continuity of care in what Ofsted refer to as 'exceptional' circumstances - such as if mum couldn't get care elsewhere or the child would be distressed going to another minder when they are settled with you.

you need to follow the advice in this document to check you are doing all the right things -

Changes to Conditions of Registration

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that helps a lot thanks Sarah! The link was very informative. It's all very confusing and being newly registered I don't want to get in trouble before I've really got going!

Thanks again Sarah