Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New Ofsted factsheet - requirements for written documents - Jan 2013

This factsheet has been completely re-written by Ofsted - 9 Jan 2013.

It contains information about the documents Ofsted will expect every childminder to have available for inspection - the minimum requirements for all childminders - linked to the EYFS and the Childcare Register requirements.

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Requirements for written documents: childminders delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage

Strangely it misses what I consider to be important documents for the EYFS such as a form to record physical intervention but it does include reference to accidents, injuries and first aid and medication requirements (there is a new fact sheet for medication as well - 080290).

Most childminders are registered on the Childcare Register as well as the EYFS - are you aware that the requirements of the CR have been reviewed and updated (October 2012)?

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Requirements for the Childcare Register: childminders and home childcarers

Hth

2. Likes Daisy1956 liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thank you sarah!

what would we do without you?

xxx

i can't open it? it keeps crashing word!!! ( ofsted word documents often do that to my PC !!! )

but i can open a pdf !!!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 09-01-2013 at 08:24 PM.

4. Likes cas2805 liked this post
    June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah, you're a star
    Toothfairy

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, good job there's nothing on TV

Feb 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah,

may 84
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks Sarah

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    thank you sarah!

what would we do without you?

xxx

i can't open it? it keeps crashing word!!! ( ofsted word documents often do that to my PC !!! )

but i can open a pdf !!!
    I can never open the word ones either - luckily you can copy and paste out of the pdf versions

oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brilliant

Thank you for keeping us informed

Dec 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah!

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant - thank you Sarah. It's been said before, but what would we do without you!

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou Sarah really helpful my inspection is next week thanks again

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Top girl thanks!

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! That'll be a job for lunchtime then!

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah,

can i just ask a quick question on the eyfs requirements from the factsheet linked above it says we need to document if children are inline above or below developmental milestones and that inspectors will use the bands from development matters, is there a document with a list of these milestones?
    the development matters sometimes seems broad and lots of things could be in same broad sentence for example child is starting to look after own hygiene etc but i would say that learning to blow own nose is a great milestone. i might be on the wrong track completely
    thanks again for linking the factsheets

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah
    Cherry x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Helly Belly View Post
    Thanks Sarah,

can i just ask a quick question on the eyfs requirements from the factsheet linked above it says we need to document if children are inline above or below developmental milestones and that inspectors will use the bands from development matters, is there a document with a list of these milestones?
    the development matters sometimes seems broad and lots of things could be in same broad sentence for example child is starting to look after own hygiene etc but i would say that learning to blow own nose is a great milestone. i might be on the wrong track completely
    thanks again for linking the factsheets
    Development Matters is the only document we use to check if children are making good progress towards the Early learning Goals.

The ages overlap because children develop at different rates and we don't want to label them as 'failing' because they might be busy doing something else and ignoring one area of learning for a while.

remember that Development Matters is about finding a 'best fit' judgement to describe what a child is doing or saying - they might be doing similar things to the statements but you don't have to tick the statements off like some sort of achievement list.

Hth

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah - really useful.

I may have missed it in my haste to read the document, but I see no reference to the new requirement for a written record of every occasion where physical intervention is used (EYFS statutory framework 3.51.) Given the importance of this, it's a bit of a howler if they've ommitted it from the new factsheet.

I'm puzzled by the bottom item on page 1, which says we must keep a record of:-
    the name, home address and telephone number of anyone who will regularly be in unsupervised contact with the children other than people living or employed on the premises
    So are they implying that we allow people who don't live/work on our premises to have unsupervised access, or are they saying we have to ask the parents for these details for every aunty/uncle, football coach or swimming instructor who comes into contact with our mindees? I'm sure I've missed the context of this statement, so can someone help me out?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Thanks Sarah - really useful.

I may have missed it in my haste to read the document, but I see no reference to the new requirement for a written record of every occasion where physical intervention is used (EYFS statutory framework 3.51.) Given the importance of this, it's a bit of a howler if they've ommitted it from the new factsheet.

I'm puzzled by the bottom item on page 1, which says we must keep a record of:-

So are they implying that we allow people who don't live/work on our premises to have unsupervised access, or are they saying we have to ask the parents for these details for every aunty/uncle, football coach or swimming instructor who comes into contact with our mindees? I'm sure I've missed the context of this statement, so can someone help me out?
    There is a second document I am currently wading though - ref 120412 if you want a read. I am trying to work out how they fit together so I can put some info on the forum.

This one mentions written documents for physical intervention - children's dietary needs - outings permission - which are missed from the first one.

I was having a rant to a friend earlier about Ofsted's lack of proof reading skills and using bad words

.................................................. ............

The paragraph you have picked up on refers to another requirement which is also mentioned in the 2nd document - which is only a requirement for childminders if you are on the Childcare Register ->

The wording is 'the name, home address and telephone number of every person living or working on the premises on which childcare is provided' - Childcare Reg requirement CR 8.

Can you see now how they fit together and one is referring to the other?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast