Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah.

Is this further evidence for the theory that Ofsted has a "Left Hand Department" and a "Right Hand Department" and that neither knows what the other is doing?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Thanks Sarah.

Is this further evidence for the theory that Ofsted has a "Left Hand Department" and a "Right Hand Department" and that neither knows what the other is doing?
    I can't think what you mean bunyip

Wait til you see what I spotted at the bottom of page 4 on factsheet 120412 - in the footnote.

Have you seen it yet?

Jul 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I have printed it out

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah I have saved it and will read it later
    Cath

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    There is a second document I am currently wading though - ref 120412 if you want a read. I am trying to work out how they fit together so I can put some info on the forum.

This one mentions written documents for physical intervention - children's dietary needs - outings permission - which are missed from the first one.

I was having a rant to a friend earlier about Ofsted's lack of proof reading skills and using bad words

.................................................. ............

The paragraph you have picked up on refers to another requirement which is also mentioned in the 2nd document - which is only a requirement for childminders if you are on the Childcare Register ->

The wording is 'the name, home address and telephone number of every person living or working on the premises on which childcare is provided' - Childcare Reg requirement CR 8.

Can you see now how they fit together and one is referring to the other?
    I noticed that the childcare register document you posted mentioned Criminal Bureau Check, should they now not be using the new wording?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jo.jo76 View Post
    I noticed that the childcare register document you posted mentioned Criminal Bureau Check, should they now not be using the new wording?
    Just one more thing... Yes of course you are right!

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted footnote bottom of page 4

"Unless the childminder is registered on the Childcare Register. For this register the policies and procedures should be in writing."

They love contradicting themselves don't they!!!!!!

I also noticed their use of CRB checks did they not receive that information?

8. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Ofsted footnote bottom of page 4

"Unless the childminder is registered on the Childcare Register. For this register the policies and procedures should be in writing."

They love contradicting themselves don't they!!!!!!

I also noticed their use of CRB checks did they not receive that information?
    I'll be updating the threads on the forum to make sure they say what we've known all along - keep your P & Ps in writing and you won't go far wrong!

At least we now have a list of the ones Ofsted consider to be essential so if we write them and keep them updated we are ticking at least one inspection box

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou Sarah for these updates.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A member has asked me to clarify required policies and procedures.

The list of policies and procedures required by Ofsted (in alphabetical order) includes -

• Behaviour management - this is the best place to talk about how you record physical intervention

• Concerns and complaints procedure - this procedure MUST be shared with parents if the child is on the Childcare Register

• Emergency evacuation of the premises

• Equality of opportunity - for the Childcare Register it must include information about how you support children with learning difficulties and disabilities

• Failure to collect - often called a ‘Late Arriving Parent’ procedure

• Health and safety - relating to accidents, hazards and faulty equipment

• Medication administration - for the Childcare Register it must include details about how you support individual children with medical needs - see Ofsted factsheet for more info (doc 080290)

• Missing child - your procedures if you lose a child

• Risk assessment - see Ofsted RA factsheet for more information (doc 120334)

• Safeguarding children - for the Childcare Register it must include the procedures to be followed in the event of an allegation being made against a member of staff. For the EYFS 2012 it must include information about mobile phone and camera use. This procedure MUST be shared with parents if the child is on the Childcare Register

• Smoking

• Visitors - checking the identity of visitors

Remember! If you are on the Childcare Register as well as the EYFS we have now been advised in the Ofsted factsheet that the above list must be in writing!!

Hth

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you Sarah.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah this clarifies a discussion we had at our local childminding group on Tuesday

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have just read this on the Requirements for Childcare Register - your 2nd link on your 9 January Post

Childminders and home childcarers must be aged 18 or over and childminders must ensure that any person aged under 18 caring for children is supervised at all times by a person who has attained the age of 18. It says this applies to both parts of the register.

BUT It says in the Stat Framework page 18 3.28 "Only those aged 17 or over may be included in the ratios (staff under 17 should be supervised at all times) Students and volunteers (aged 17 and over) may be included if provider is satisfied they are competent and responsible"

I am just registering my daughter (aged 17) to be my assistant and have just booked her on first aid course so she can be left for 2 hours unsupervised if necessary!

So can she or can't she be left with the children?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are a few differences between the registers and this is one of them.

The Childcare Register classes a child as 0 - 17 therefore you cannot have a child looking after a child and as you rightly note requirement 1.10 states that anyone caring for children must be 18.

This will mean that your 17 year old cannot look after older children unsupervised but can look after younger ones 'if the provider is satisfied that they are competent and responsible' (requirement 3.28) ... which is ridiculous really but I didn't write the requirements!

The qualification requirements for the Childcare Register are also higher than the EYFS!!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few differences between the registers and this is one of them.

The Childcare Register classes a child as 0 - 17 therefore you cannot have a child looking after a child and as you rightly note requirement 1.10 states that anyone caring for children must be 18.

This will mean that your 17 year old cannot look after older children unsupervised but can look after younger ones 'if the provider is satisfied that they are competent and responsible' (requirement 3.28) ... which is ridiculous really but I didn't write the requirements!

The qualification requirements for the Childcare Register are also higher than the EYFS!!

Can you just remind me what the childcare register is for - voluntary and compulsory - is it for after school clubs or is it for 5 + in childminding setting as I am having a senior moment! My certificate states Early Years and Childcare register (both parts).

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Can you just remind me what the childcare register is for - voluntary and compulsory - is it for after school clubs or is it for 5 + in childminding setting as I am having a senior moment! My certificate states Early Years and Childcare register (both parts).
    Registers

For children aged 0 – 5 years you will be inspected on the Early Years Register (EYFS)

For children aged 5 – 7 years you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Compulsory Childcare Register

For children aged 8 ¬plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Registers

For children aged 0 – 5 years you will be inspected on the Early Years Register (EYFS)

For children aged 5 – 7 years you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Compulsory Childcare Register

For children aged 8 ¬plus, you will be expected to show you are complying with the regulations contained in the Voluntary Childcare Register

Thank you - I probably should have pm'd you so everyone didn't see how daft I really am!

19. Likes sarah707 liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12