Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do Ofsted ever look at old folders?

Hello!

My first Ofsted grading inspection is looming, I am just waiting to hear back from the inspector with a date. As I currently only mind one child in the EYFS age group,a 7 month old baby, I have been holding onto the folders from my previous mindees, who were aged three and four. However, do Ofsted ever look at old folders, especially as it is under the old EYFS? I am keen to hand them back to mum (especially as I am in the midst of a wrangle over breach of contract and non payment with her, but that's on another thread) but don't want to jump the gun if they will come in handy for my inspection.

Many thanks

Susie
    x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

They tend to only look at the folders of the children you have on inspection day, they aren't interested in ones for chikdren who have left.

3. Likes Max71 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As bluebear says they only tend to look at files for children with you on the day of the inspection. This means they can track the child by observation and reading your docs.

Hth

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your replies that is what I thought and will mean I can hand back the folders and free up some space! It's a shame though as I felt much more on the ball with activities and observations for my older mindees; there is only so much you can do with a baby in between all the routine!

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told in a training session once it is good practice to copy bits from folders of children who have left so tht you can show the inspector how you evaluate your practice and improve or change things Other than that like the others said they are only interested in the children that you have at the time x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspector looked at my old learning journey. The child who was here at inspection had only been with me for 6 days and so my old mindee's mum kindly said I could use her child's learning journey to show the inspector if need be. The inspector did look at it and commented on how it really helped her as obviously the new child's learning journey didn't have loads in it. Not a necessity at all though and yours might not look through it even if you do keep it.

Jan'12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Sept '12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SusieH View Post
    Hello!

My first Ofsted grading inspection is looming, I am just waiting to hear back from the inspector with a date. As I currently only mind one child in the EYFS age group,a 7 month old baby, I have been holding onto the folders from my previous mindees, who were aged three and four. However, do Ofsted ever look at old folders, especially as it is under the old EYFS? I am keen to hand them back to mum (especially as I am in the midst of a wrangle over breach of contract and non payment with her, but that's on another thread) but don't want to jump the gun if they will come in handy for my inspection.

Many thanks

Susie
    x
    I had my first inspection on Wednesday (25th ) and she only looked at the folder of the child I had with me that day good luck

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your replies, as I am building up quite a nice folder for my current EYFS mindee I think the inspector should be able to assess me on that but I may hang onto my other folders for a couple more weeks, just in case.

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree my inspection was last November and she was only interested in the children I had there on the day. Copying bits from others who aren't there or have left does seem quite a good idea if you need to provide evidence.