Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First inspection after 2 weeks work

Hi,

I start with my first charges properly next week (settling in started today) and had a call from Tribal/Ofsted yesterday. I explained that I had been out of work (signing on since ending maternity leave in May) and she was going to defer it, but when I said I was about to start, she said she could still inspect me in the timescale. Has anyone had one this soon after starting? I registered in April, so knew there was a chance of one, but didn't really think they'd want to come that soon after starting.
    I really want a good grading, but I'm not going to have much time to get a rapport with the kids (and they are going to be a challenge if today is anything to go by!). How much will Ofsted expect me to have done in 2 weeks? I'm totally stressed as we still have a few bits to do in our bedroom (we won't be using it at the moment but I need the option of it being a sleeping area) and it's my son's 1st birthday soon so I have lots to do for that, and I wanted to be able to focus on settling the children in, rather than Ofsted.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was inspected after only four weeks, little one was only with me after school for 1.5hrs one day a week

I got a GOOD in all areas so it can be done. Just stay calm, show you know the EYFS and remember she/he will know you have only just started so will take this into consideration.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

At least you will have it over with - good luck.

There is an Ofsted document telling you what inspectors are looking for and how they make their judgements which you might find worth reading.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Good to know that it can be done, and all advice very gratefully received at this point!

dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i had one after 4weeks and she was only part time!
    good luck u can do it x