Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Continuous Provision.....

Hiya - I have brought this up before but just wanted to ask again so I am sure about what I am doing really.

I always have certain toys/activities out everyday and I change these regularly or when the children get bored of them. Are these toys and activities my continuous provision?

If so, I would like to create a sheet with all the toys/activities on and how they link to EYFS so that I don't have to do it more than once. So for example, if I have the cars out I can link how they can be played with so that it covers the areas of L&D.

Does this sound like a viable plan. Has anyone got any ideas they would like to share on this please such as categories, links, template to help me get started as I feel this is going to be a HUGE job

Thanks - I love having this forum for help!!
    “Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes that's exactly what continuous provision is about!

All you need is a simple 6 part template showing how the resource links to each of the areas of learning and development.

You will find lots of examples on the TES website, some better than others so search for different ones.

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a requirement though and would be a huge amount of work to put together. If you are only doing it for Ofsted I wouldn't bother.

If you google continuous provision lots of egs will come up.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies. I have a 16 month old and two 8 month olds all full-time so I have lots of CP rather than more structured activities as they just want to play and explore at the moment. There's no time for sitting around doing crafts for my lot

It is something I want to put together for myself so I can add to it and always have some ideas of things to put out if an certain area of development needs more work for example.

I am trying to create a resources catalogue as well at the moment as well as the usual paperwork and doing my Level 3 NVQ so it's another thing to add to the list and keep me busy.....
    “Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.”