New mindee, help!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New mindee, help!

I have a 5 year old starting in a few weeks, I'm new to childminding and he will be my first. As he is in full time education do I need to do obs and planning? What paperwork do I need to keep for him, It may sound a little dumb, I did my courses in Jan so my mind is a little empty, needs refreshing

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Officially we need to do 'eyfs' obs / records until 31st Aug following their 5th birthday so it depends when los birthday is - if hes already 5 now then he will be out of eyfs by the time he starts with you.
    My older children have a scrapbook which they and i fill in from time to time with photos , artwork , sometimes writing , about what we have been doing. They ( depending on age / ability) are mainly responsible for this - and it becomes an activity in itself!
    Paperwork wise he needs the same as any other lo - contact , permissions , ra's , etc). hth.

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats Kath, He is 5 already. Thats what I thought I was just wanted to confirm.