Help Observations
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Observations

I've been minding (this time round) for a year now and have just got my head around observations (I think).With the help of Sarah 007 of course
    I've 2 mindees at the moment and have their observations in their Learning Journeys.Is that the right place to keep them? I understand they will then leave with them.I have one mindee going in July.

What I haven't been doing is group observations though.Should I be doing specific group observations? I have done observations on mindees when they've been playing together but made them mindee specific.Does that make sense?????????

Should I have an observation folder seperate to their learning journeys? to show Ofsted or will they just look at current mindee LJ's?

I feel I'm constantly questioning the work I do and whether it's right or not.Wish I had someone to come out and tell me.
    Would this be something my development worker would do if I rang and asked her? I haven't seen her in the year I've minded.Not sure what her role is.

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted are only interested in the children you have at the time of the inspection.

Observations should be in the LJ's so your doing right.

I don't do group observations I think that works best in a nursery where they have more children. Only time I would possibly do them is if I was looking for triggers to a childs unwanted behaviour.
    Knowledge is power and its also tax free

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't do group obs - I do mention in an ob if they were playing with another child and sharing etc but as mine are mostly tinies they only play alongside each other really
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Apr10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou.
    I continually question myself lol