Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you evaluate planning?

I have just been browsing the internet and came across a site which had a sheet for weekly evaluations. It had sections for children who have made significant achievements of weeks objectives, the focused activities and whether the objectives were met, what the children have shown an interest in and possible lines of development for next week.

Do you think it would be worth doing something like this?

Does anybody evaluate their planning? How in detail do you go? What sort of things are you actually evaluating?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I evaluate my group planning...

I talk about what went well, what didn't go so well and how the children's interests took it in other directions.

i don't evaluate individual planning because you can see how that went when you look back at observations.

Sounds like an interesting site - is it one you can share?

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya,
    I evaluate my planning:
    show Child Led extensions,
    how I can develop from these
    My own self evaluation of myself!

I have been known to put the following...
    -Rubbish, wht did I ever choose that theme?
    -not supported by parents in the way I thought it would be
    -fantastic week, forgot the planning... we played in the snow instead!

Think it's important to put the highs and lows... shows nobody is perfect!!!

Tracey x

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I don't know how to do links
    I think it was something to do with Warwickshire. I think!

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly it is this one, someone posted it yesterday and I bookmarked it :-)

http://www.eyfswarwickshire.co.uk/pa...p?uniqid=14391

jumpinjen Guest

Hi,

i add a few notes in a section at the bottom of my planning sheet, noting what went well, what would need adapting again, etc..... there are usually notes all over my planning though.... it doesn't stay very tidy once i have got into my week and we have changed plans, started new lines of interest etc..... I evaluate my Learning journey's every three months though.... if there is a glaring gap in observations, such as nothing on creating music adn dance for a couple of months, i look at why and try to provide an activity or resources or look at their position in my room and the access to them to see why, just to make sure that I am providing a full range consistently that the children can access!

jen x

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I have a PLOD (possible lines of development) sheet that i fill out and use to plan activites.

Then i have the observations that i do.

Then i have a 3 monthly summative sheet, which i use to evaluate the childs development in the 6 areas and highlight what ages they are at and plan next steps, and parents comein to look thorough the last 3 months andd then fill in a feed back section.

Then i have a form to link it to the every child matters.

july10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default planning -how much?

Hi , I'm used to planning in preschools but wondered how much planning childminders are supposed to do.
    I will only have a 20month old for 2and a half days a week so far and am a bit confused as to how many observations i will be expected to do.
    Also in preschool we would have one focused activity that we evaluate per session and wondered how often a childminder would do 1?
    If any one could get me on the right track that would be great as if i did all i'm used to doing it would be far too much .
    Thanks xx