Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Planning

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning

Hi I am really struggling with planning. It all really confuses me. Any help would be very much appreciated. many thanks

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfb84 View Post
    Hi I am really struggling with planning. It all really confuses me. Any help would be very much appreciated. many thanks
    What is it in particular you are struggling with?

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a range of planning:

1. Long term planning
    A half termly list of what celebrations or topics we might do activities around - also put in children's birthdays

2. Medium term planning
    I jot down a rough idea of our plans for the week - I change them if we do something else - make a note of it on there and it shows our plans are adaptable. Also good to look back and come up with ideas in future years. I hang this up in my kitchen so I don't even have to think about what will we do this afternoon, its all thought about. I do this the week before when I am watching children play or something, takes 5 mins.

3. In LJs I make a note of next steps
    I then note in the daily diary for each child what next step we are working on that month/ week/ term.
    On my medium term plan I put the initials of the child the activity we are doing that refers to their next step.....if that makes sense. In each persons LJ and keep a page at the front and note their next steps and what area of learning it refers to and the date it was achieved.

THat is my group planning and individual planning - I buy a planning book from childminding angels on ebay and that holds a full years planning with space to put pictures of any activities you did .....well worth the money.....

nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this. I always struggle how to write my planning down but this really helps x

Nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Its really the form I'm struggling with. I cant seem to find a sheet that will work. I was doing a continuous provision form but I find it pretty pointless. I dont really know how to explain it. I wish there was a form that we have to use so everyone is the same.