Individual Learning Plan and characteristics of effective Learning
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Individual Learning Plan and characteristics of effective Learning

In the 'how the plan effectively suppoprts the childs charateristics of effective learning' of my ILP I have put this:

I am supporting the child’s characteristics of learning by providing stimulating resources and activities that xx is interested in, helping xx when he needs but not taking over or directing, encouraging xx to engage and learn with and from each other, Keeping out toys/activities that xx particularly enjoys, keeping the setting calm and limiting noise to help xx concentrate and giving xx uninterrupted time to play and explore.

Am I on the right track? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again,

Lex

<Admin note - edited to remove child's name for confidentiality>

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_CM View Post
    In the 'how the plan effectively suppoprts the childs charateristics of effective learning' of my ILP I have put this:

I am supporting the child’s characteristics of learning by providing stimulating resources and activities that xx is interested in, helping xx when he needs but not taking over or directing, encouraging xx to engage and learn with and from each other, Keeping out toys/activities that xx particularly enjoys, keeping the setting calm and limiting noise to help xx concentrate and giving xx uninterrupted time to play and explore.

Am I on the right track? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again,

Lex

<Admin note - edited to remove child's name for confidentiality>
    Looks fine to me! You are extending learning - just think about HOW the child learns as well and how you can support learning by using that information.

This might help

Observing the Learning Characteristics -

feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Looks fine to me! You are extending learning - just think about HOW the child learns as well and how you can support learning by using that information.

This might help

Observing the Learning Characteristics -
    Thank you Sarah. I have read the link you sent, I know I sound silly but i'm still struggling a little bit with the 'how I can support him' He is 1 years old, can I be really cheeky and ask you for an example?

Thank you,

Lex

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_CM View Post
    Thank you Sarah. I have read the link you sent, I know I sound silly but i'm still struggling a little bit with the 'how I can support him' He is 1 years old, can I be really cheeky and ask you for an example?

Thank you,

Lex
    I could be really wrong here and Sarah will correct me but I would say that you are supporting it by eg Daily outside play, what toys do you have out to follow his interests at the mo etc, if he likes playign with what he knows eg trains you could say you have the trains out etc

5. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like Veggiesausage says - note how the child learns and plan more to support him.

For example the child lines up toys - that's a learning characteristic - he is learning through a positional schema - so you can think up other toys he might enjoy and other games he can play using ideas from eg Schemas in Children

Or maybe the child is learning by going back to something over and over again - the same book, the same toy etc. You would support his learning by providing similar experiences to help him extend his interests.

Things like that

Simona Guest

Very confusing as there 2 threads on the same topics with cms agreeing on the same approach!

Unless I am wrong we are talking about a 1 year old...so DM is the guidance to follow to provide the best for that age and stage of development....at that age children explore and lead their learning...unless I get the EYFS all wrong???