Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Planning & Obvs for 2 hours a week

Hi,

I'm a newbie so be nice!

I've been registered since last summer and took on an after schooler straight away in September.

Since January I now have my neighbours 2 year old on a Thursday, my friends 18 month old on a Wednesday morning and now her other 3.5 year old is joining me on a Friday for under 2 hours until September when she starts school.

Now the 3.5 year old already attends a nursery 2 full days a week. My son is the same age so they will be playing together. Do I need to plan for those two hours and do I need to make observations?

Same with the 18 month old. Term time I take her to playgroup with my 15 month old. We are only at home for about 20 minutes before we are off and we are out all morning. When I get back her mum is waiting to pick her up. At the moment planning consists for things such as numbers and letters, mainly things we can chat about in the buggy. I can plan for the holidays but at playgroup she likes to go off and do her own things.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Glitter Guest

I would keep going with your planning as you are doing it now so you can show you are thinking about the child's learning.

As for observations could you just keep a simple record of the activities the child does, a couple of photos and any new skills you see. There would not be much in it but Ofsted would like to see you have done something.

To make it easier you could use it for planning as well e.g. Observation-The child drew a picture of his family using crayons. Planning- Next week I will provide felt tip pens so the child can experiment with different drawing techniques.

That way you can show you are still providing activities based around the child's interests, while not having to much extra paper work to do.