Obs and Linking to DM?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Obs and Linking to DM?

I havenot been on here properly for a while. Been so busy with about a million different things going on, but I am really trying to get back on track.

I have downloaded the information about EYO and read some posts about EYO being used by inspectors, but that CM's are still using DM as a guide.

When I have done obs, I have linked them to the DM? Is this still right?

How do you do your obs?

Sorry for being a bit dense!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    I havenot been on here properly for a while. Been so busy with about a million different things going on, but I am really trying to get back on track.

I have downloaded the information about EYO and read some posts about EYO being used by inspectors, but that CM's are still using DM as a guide.

When I have done obs, I have linked them to the DM? Is this still right?

How do you do your obs?

Sorry for being a bit dense!
    The EYO give you the goal/aim/learning intention/next step for each child
    If you look at DM the goals are the same under A Unique child (observing what a child is learning)..most call these Stepping stones/next steps

Example
    Look at DM PSED Birth -11 months for Making Relationships (p8) ...they are the same as EYO p 18

Plan your next steps according to your Unique child...example : Responds when talked to, moves arms and legs etc
    Look at Enabling Environment and Positive Relationships to support you in how you would encourage this in your baby

Observe and record what you see when you provide the means for this: cuddles, responding to needs etc

You have linked to DM and eventually got to the EYO

As you move down the stepping stones you will eventually get to the Early Learning Goal which is exactly the same as EYO

The EYO for me is what you want to achieve ...by consulting DM it gives you the tools to do it via EE and PR
    The inspector looks at the outcomes but may want to know how you got the child to that...DM helps you.