first mindee starting tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default first mindee starting tuesday

Hi as the title says i have my first mindee starting tuesday who is 9 months.

His mum has filled in an all about me booklet and i have met him twice now.

I have an initial assessment form that i have created and will complete at the end of december whilst gathering obs and notes throughout his 1st month.

I have laid it out a bit like the 2 year progress check, is that ok?
    Have also adapted to make a monthly one to reveiw how the children got on with the months topics.
    Also have a development wheel which will be reviewed every 6 months.

Im getting mega confused and dont have much support other than google.

My development worker said i do not need to refer back to the development matters or quote it!?

Please could someone help and anything else i need to be doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Dont worry ive sorted it myself. Chuffed ive come so far with no help, all the late nights pay off in the end!

Glitter Guest

Wow, it sounds like you are really organised.

It can be hard when you don't have any support. I am interested to know what your development wheel is and how you would use it?
    I am always looking for new ways to do things.

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your very first mindee, I bet you are really excited. Did it take long from registering to getting your first mindee?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, its my first early years mindee, already have a 4yr old before school.

It took a week from getting my certificate through for 4yr old to start, through word of mouth, and its been 2 months now. In the past 2 wks had three lots of people look round and another on tuesday too!

The progress wheel is something we use in essex, its a visual to track childrens progress, and its reccomended to fill in/colour in with a decent amount of time between, so with the 9 month old id do it maybe after 4 months, but with my 2yr old daughter id leave it 6.

Ive got a pdf if youd like me to send? I really like it, some hate it!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Buttons

I've just started childminding too - could I possibly get the pdf you're talking about? I saw some Development Matters wheels on the internet but they're £25 for the 3 wheels needed to cover it (one each for unique child, positive relationships and enabling environment) so it would be very helpful!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Buttons, I'd like the PDF if that's possible or is there a link to it on the web?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons_89 View Post
    Thank you, its my first early years mindee, already have a 4yr old before school. It took a week from getting my certificate through for 4yr old to start, through word of mouth, and its been 2 months now. In the past 2 wks had three lots of people look round and another on tuesday too! The progress wheel is something we use in essex, its a visual to track childrens progress, and its reccomended to fill in/colour in with a decent amount of time between, so with the 9 month old id do it maybe after 4 months, but with my 2yr old daughter id leave it 6. Ive got a pdf if youd like me to send? I really like it, some hate it!?
    Hi I'm from Essex and haven't had any help either it's been a nightmare - my crb has taken 6 weeks it's crazy! I haven't heard of this wheel? So would be grateful for any help xx

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it going with your first?