Planning - is this right
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning - is this right

Ok so planning wasn't really covered in my training do I'm slightly confused ..
    How I currently plan .. Pick a theme this month is autumn and Halloween.
    I've writen up theme ideas - hibernating - library visit - nature hunt - Halloween decoration etc so general activities for the month . I go to each child and link these ideas to parts of the eyfs they haven't achieved yet so each child has an individual play plan .. If all areas for the eyfs aren't covered I add more activities to ensure we do all 7 areas .. I have observations throughout the month for all activities we've done even if its bit not planned .. How do I do next step planning basing it on how I planned so far and how wud u plan child led as this is all adult led ., please help I'm so stressed with the planning stage .. Have 4 children to do this for x2 two yr old and x2 four year olds

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't forget all the stuff you are doing that isn't in your planning. Your trips to toddler groups, your walks to school, your continuous provision. For example if a child's next steps was to recognise numbers then I would be looking at numbers on cars and doors as we were 'out and about'.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is good to have an idea of what you are doing with the children through the month - it helps to fill all those gaps when the children are looking for direction - as well as supporting ongonig learning and development.

We are looking at autumn at the moment as well. My idea last week was to follow the children's interests in leaves they found in the garden.

Then I start to think about what each child enjoys doing and tailor my ideas to their interests, learning styles and things they are working on next