Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Next steps?

Registered Childminder since
    June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Next steps?

22m old plays with Peppa pig playground - 1st time I've seen her engage in this type of play. Makes Peppa & Suzy talk to each other although couldn't understand what she said. Then makes Peppa walk up steps to slide, slides down saying weeeeeeeeeeee

What possible could be next steps

TIA

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1979 View Post
    22m old plays with Peppa pig playground - 1st time I've seen her engage in this type of play. Makes Peppa & Suzy talk to each other although couldn't understand what she said. Then makes Peppa walk up steps to slide, slides down saying weeeeeeeeeeee

What possible could be next steps

TIA
    I would be looking to provide more opportunities for the same, personally I would not be trying to invent some kind of 'next step' as the child will do that all by themselves. You do not need a next step for every obs. Just have the set out and available and other small world figures, dolls house etc. Child is obviously engaging with it, playing creatively and imaginatively. I'd also be sharing this with parents and seeing if there are opportunities at home for this kind of small world play, what figures/dolls do they like to play with at home etc.

3. Likes blue bear, Maza, christine e liked this post
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly - this step could last a year or more as it feeds into all the learning levels . Just give plenty of opportunity. Small world is a massive area.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with others - sometimes they just want to do exactly the same again, they will extend the activity themselves by adding clearer communication (that you can understand), by mixing your resources (Peppa may decide to go on an outing in a car from another toy box).