2 Year progress check not done by previous early years provider??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec12
    Post Thanks / Like

Question 2 Year progress check not done by previous early years provider??

Hi I have had a 2.5 year old start with me that was attending a Nursery up until Easter this year.
    I have her folder but there is no 2 year progress check just reviews and observations.
    The mum is due to see the health visitor in just a couple of weeks and the mindee has only been with me for 9 sessions
    I'm not sure what I am expected to do as I am literally just about to start on her 'starting points' and obviously do not
    know her well enough to know everything she is capable off/or not, just yet..
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can only do your best. Invite mum to come in and go through some of the age and stage goals and check what the lo is doing at home.

Write up the check for the child's file and carry on with your obs, assessments and planning as normal.

Hth

Feb 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you asked Mum? it is just possible the nursery may have given it to Mum & not kept a copy in the folder- worth asking to save you the trouble
    keeping my head down