Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 2 year progress check for temporary part-timer

Hi

I have a question about the two year progress check. I have a temporary part-time mindee who turned two during the time I was caring for him. It was for a full day, once a week, just for three weeks. My understanding of the EYFS is that I do have to do a progress check for him. Is that right? Obviously there will be a limit to what I can say given the short time frame. I have done some observations and am planning to do a very brief summary. Any other thoughts?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Does the child have their 2 year progress check coming up with the health visitor? This is when you need to write a progress check - with parents - for them to show the HV.

If you are only caring for a child for 3 weeks then I would just class that as ad-hoc care and do the bare minimum.

Hth

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Does the child have their 2 year progress check coming up with the health visitor? This is when you need to write a progress check - with parents - for them to show the HV.

If you are only caring for a child for 3 weeks then I would just class that as ad-hoc care and do the bare minimum.

Hth
    Well my DD is 2 and 4 months and I haven't heard anything about the progress check so I'm assuming they are happening rather later than 2 years. But I will check with the parents and go from there. Thanks, Sarah!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    Hi

I have a question about the two year progress check. I have a temporary part-time mindee who turned two during the time I was caring for him. It was for a full day, once a week, just for three weeks. My understanding of the EYFS is that I do have to do a progress check for him. Is that right? Obviously there will be a limit to what I can say given the short time frame. I have done some observations and am planning to do a very brief summary. Any other thoughts?
    Has the care for this child already finished? If so you do not need to do anything now.

The 2- year check should be done during the 12 months between the 2nd and 3rd birthday, not on the day they turn two. It can be done at any point in that 12 months, some LA have advise on whether this they like it done nearer 2nd birthday or nearer 3rd birthday but there are arguments either way.

I think you mean the child had their second birthday when they were with you? Don't worry, that is irrelevant.

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="moggy;1254782"]

Has the care for this child already finished? If so you do not need to do anything now.

I agree :-)