Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Individual planning

I would appreciate some advice, do I need to do individual planning for each child every month? At the moment i am doing an individual plan for each child that relates to theme we are following using the different areas to note something for each child. For example in January our theme was Shape, size and colour and I wrote 2-3 aims for each child under each heading, i.e PSED - encourage sharing and turn taking and encourage her to understand that her actions have effect on others. PD - Encourage her to put her coat on, encourage fine motor skills through play and crafts. Is this too much? I find that children of similar ages seem to have similar individual plans, joining in at singing time, sharing etc. so it's not really individual is it?
    Some of the things i have seen on here seem much simpler. For example is it OK to do 'mini observations' with the next steps from those as the individual planning? I.e D built a tower 3 bricks high. Next step encourage to build higher, maybe using duplo to keep steady. Count to 3 with child. Or H named a red car correctly. Next steps - encourage more correct colour naming by telling him what colour things are and asking him to find me a blue car.
    Is it enough to do it this way, it seems to cover each child's individual needs better and hopefully cut down on paperwork.
    Thanks for any help and advise you can give.

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What I do for my planning (and this may not help - sorry, everyone does what works for them)

1. I do a general group themed plan for the month one A4 sheet - and include on this sheet festivals we may celebrate, childrens birthdays and a theme with an activity we may cover linked to this theme for each area of learning. I have stuff prepared from this sheet and as I have over 3's I find it good to keep them busy and interested if I always have linked things to do.

2. I do an individual planning sheet for each child that I fill in as we go through the month. This includes what the child is interested in eg I noticed Billy played with cars this morning, or mum said that Billy was interested in cars at home at the mo - so continuous provision for this child means making sure cars and garage are out and other vehicles, I note on this sheet a next step we are working on that month and then note a planned activity each week to work on next step. I basically follow childs interests and next steps and plan on this sheet for them. At the end of the month I print a couple of photo obs and stick them on the back.

I can do this planning easily within my working day....

3. Likes Kirstylob, TY628, SandCastles liked this post
    Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kirstylob View Post
    I would appreciate some advice, do I need to do individual planning for each child every month? At the moment i am doing an individual plan for each child that relates to theme we are following using the different areas to note something for each child. For example in January our theme was Shape, size and colour and I wrote 2-3 aims for each child under each heading, i.e PSED - encourage sharing and turn taking and encourage her to understand that her actions have effect on others. PD - Encourage her to put her coat on, encourage fine motor skills through play and crafts. Is this too much? I find that children of similar ages seem to have similar individual plans, joining in at singing time, sharing etc. so it's not really individual is it?
    Some of the things i have seen on here seem much simpler. For example is it OK to do 'mini observations' with the next steps from those as the individual planning? I.e D built a tower 3 bricks high. Next step encourage to build higher, maybe using duplo to keep steady. Count to 3 with child. Or H named a red car correctly. Next steps - encourage more correct colour naming by telling him what colour things are and asking him to find me a blue car.
    Is it enough to do it this way, it seems to cover each child's individual needs better and hopefully cut down on paperwork.
    Thanks for any help and advise you can give.
    This is what I do! No other written planning at all - just next steps, usually written on the back of diary sheets and when they're returned by parents filed in learning journeys -job done! I am very happy with my system and so was Mrs O.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I think thats all we have to do.

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your tips and help. Veggie sausage, I do a similar thing for monthly planning and like your way of doing individual planning. It sounds like you are constantly adding to your plan as the days/weeks go, seeing what the children are interested in and catering for those interests on the go as such. I felt I was planning in advance for their individual needs and it was too general for my liking but your way seems much better. I'll give it a go and see how I get on.
    Rosebud, thanks for the reassurance, it's good to know Mrs O was happy with that way of doing things.

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    What I do for my planning (and this may not help - sorry, everyone does what works for them)

1. I do a general group themed plan for the month one A4 sheet - and include on this sheet festivals we may celebrate, childrens birthdays and a theme with an activity we may cover linked to this theme for each area of learning. I have stuff prepared from this sheet and as I have over 3's I find it good to keep them busy and interested if I always have linked things to do.

2. I do an individual planning sheet for each child that I fill in as we go through the month. This includes what the child is interested in eg I noticed Billy played with cars this morning, or mum said that Billy was interested in cars at home at the mo - so continuous provision for this child means making sure cars and garage are out and other vehicles, I note on this sheet a next step we are working on that month and then note a planned activity each week to work on next step. I basically follow childs interests and next steps and plan on this sheet for them. At the end of the month I print a couple of photo obs and stick them on the back.

I can do this planning easily within my working day....
    This sounds a simple way to keep planning for childs interests. Could I possibly have a look at your form please Veggie?

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind a look to, if you don;t mind!

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kirstylob View Post
    I wouldn't mind a look to, if you don;t mind!
    Ooooh yes please me too! It sounds so easy :-) My Development Officer has me planning 7 things for each area of learning for each child each week

By the time I have finished planning the week is over and we have done nothing!

10. Likes Max71, zippy, Ripeberry liked this post
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Individual weekly monthly plan.docx

has that attached?....I have adapted mine from a form by Sarah707 -hope this is ok?

I fill it in as I go through the month, make any notes on it, put next step on for that month, photos on back etc - easy, quick and no need for any other planning....follows the individual...

If you have a full time child you could convert it to a weekly plan - but I feel this is enough for a full time or part timer....
    Last edited by VeggieSausage; 11-03-2013 at 07:30 PM.

12. Likes flashers, moljak, irislili liked this post
    OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's it I'm not looking at anyone else's fantastic planning sheets, every time I think mine are sorted I see something better

Seriously that's a good planning sheet

Allie

jan 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see your planning sheet also but it won't let me download for some reason? :-(

Thanks

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant sheet, thanks very much!

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't open it can you email to me if you don't mind - xx
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 30-09-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: removed email address
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Really good planning sheet, thats what I wanted in mine but couldnt work out how to word/show it. Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see a copy of your planning sheet too Hun if you could email me as I cannot open it
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 30-09-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: removed email address

Post Thanks / Like

I would also love to see the planning sheet please but can't open it if it would b possible for you to email it my email is thanks it would really be appreciated x
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 30-09-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: removed email address

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing, its great!
    Sweetpea x

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sending it it's great x

Apr 92
    Post Thanks / Like

THANKS for sharing. It will now make my life a lot easier now that you have put me on the right path. I realy do appreciate your help.

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing, really like it x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast