Planned activities paperwork question....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Planned activities paperwork question....

If you plan an activity do you:

1. Need to fill out a form outlining what the aim of the activity is etc

2. Do you put planned activity paperwork in individual children's lj's or do you put that in some sort of planning folder as a central thing?

I want to ensure that I am providing a range of planned activities that are of developmental benefit to the children I look after, I want to show parents all the great stuff we do and I am not sure how to go about documenting it in a easy way.....any ideas please, thanks.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As a rule, I don't do written activity plans in advance.

Observations go into the child's learning journals.

I do some written activity evaluations, usually no more than 1 a week. These give me a chance to reflect.

The LJs and evaluations are good evidence for Ofsted inspectors, who seem to like that sort of thing.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't do written planning in advance either (apart from scribbles in the diary of roughly what we might do and need ) I share with the parents after an activity has taken place by photos in LJs which will outine what the child was gaining from the activity and next steps. However parents only see LJ's once a term, so we have a small white board in our hall way that we write on each day outlining the days acivities and food (we can have upto 8 children some days, so don't do daily diaries apart from small babies). We also do a newletter at the end of the month that includes group photos of activities and outings to give them a taste of what we have been doing. Some also follow us on our facebook page and we try to upload pictures of activities and artwork on there too

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

so its ok not to have paperwork to show adult led activities do you think?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It depends on the child/ren and the activity... I plan something quite regularly on paper and reflect on how it went later ... it forms part of my CPD.

However, I don't do it for every activity every day ... I do it for a few activities a week and sometimes use planning I wrote previously... and sometimes write it up after the event.

The most important planning is individual - Ofsted inspectors are looking for next steps / individual planning activities following on from observations and assessments.

Hth