Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you have a look at these next steps

and let me know if they are ok. I have done them around the new 7 areas and want to know if I have got things under the right headings.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

mar 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks really good, your very organised already!

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks good. I can't see anything out of place but then I'm new to this!

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks really good.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Those are very similar to the next steps I have for one of my little ones! It's funny to think how we are all doing the same across the country

The revised EYFS is slightly different to the one we know and love and some of the aspects have changed.

Provide gloop (cornflower and water) in a tray for xx to mark make in - this doesn't come under CLL (C & L) any more - early mark making is classed as a physical skill. It's only later when it links to literacy.

Provide resources for xx that will encourage him to build things up and knock them down - this is a physical skill as well. You will notice that building and construction has moved from KUW (UW) to art and design for the older children.

Have you read through the Development Matters guidance about the difference in how the areas of learning are used for different ages?

With the little ones it is important that the biggest focus is on the 3 prime areas. You can nod towards to the specific areas if you want, but you must concentrate on learning such as developing social skills, fine and gross motor etc.

It seems silly to say that for a baby - but it's how we are going to have to work from Sept.

So when you write your next steps for the specific areas think about how they support the child to learn more in the prime.

For example - Play peek-a-boo with objects. ‘Wheres the ball gone? Here it is’ - is a fab next step for a baby which can be linked to PSED and making relationships with a nod towards spatial awareness and maths...

OR songs and rhymes - yes of course you are right they are arts and design - but they are also enabling you to form close attachments as you are cuddling, holding, sharing a loving moment etc so they support PSED.

I hope that makes sense!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Content looks great - only comment is to put an age on the sheet so anyone looking at it will know which age group this is for
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks great - only thing is as the child is little shouldnt you focus on the 3 prime areas not all 7?

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your comments.

So do you think then for a baby that young to just do the three areas and as he gets older start linking into the other 4?

My new copy of the new EYFS and Development Matters has arrived today so need to have a good read through and I will make the changes.

It seems I am having a bit of a spurt at the moment and wanted to get some ideas down on paper while I thought of them lol