Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Doing the same stuff

Have lo who only likes to play with dollies, buggy and cooking area.

Feel like I am repeating myself on daily diary.

We do painting, water play, play dough, sand, gloom, cooking and puzzles etc in afternoon as we are at home then. I have taken out the buggies and ride on cars inside the house. But at groups this is all she does is this ok?

Post Thanks / Like

I think you get periods like this when children just want to repeat their play and that's fine. You can do small things to extend it like adding scent or texture to the play dough, trying different types of painting etc but I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not sure about playing with gloom though

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I think you get periods like this when children just want to repeat their play and that's fine. You can do small things to extend it like adding scent or texture to the play dough, trying different types of painting etc but I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not sure about playing with gloom though

Miffy xx
    Sorry meant to say that is all she does at groups! Pushing dollies, going around in car and playing at the kitchen

jumpinjen Guest

there's no harm in it if it is her area of interest - have you tried adding a baby bath with real shampoo and towels for ehr to bathe babies? Adding clothes with different fastenings for her to do up? add real foods such as dried pasta to the kitchen area and thingfs for her to scoop, pour and tweeze with? I wouldn't take away thing she really loves, just change what is on offer with them - draw a chalk pathway for her to steer the pushchair around?

Jen x

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjen View Post
    there's no harm in it if it is her area of interest - have you tried adding a baby bath with real shampoo and towels for ehr to bathe babies? Adding clothes with different fastenings for her to do up? add real foods such as dried pasta to the kitchen area and thingfs for her to scoop, pour and tweeze with? I wouldn't take away thing she really loves, just change what is on offer with them - draw a chalk pathway for her to steer the pushchair around?

Jen x
    Hi thanks for the tips. I only take the buggy away sometimes here as she wont do anything else while she is here. If no buggy then i find she focusses on other things and plays nicely. she gets very aggressive with the buggy especially if lo just walks past her.